Vikings sign WR Kendall Wright

solidvikingfan

The Vikings and Rams look crazy good right now. I’m just glad that those two and the Eagles are in the NFC.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that he signed for significantly less money than Chicago signed Gabriel for.

It’s remarkable how much better the NFC is on paper than the AFC right now.

Gotta say while I love Spielman's offseason so far, this seems so...uninspired.

Jarius Wright out.....Kendall Wright in.

I mean, don't get me wrong, he probably will be very effective in that 3rd WR role.   And it's a value move.

Just seems...lazy.  I bet they didn't even change the locker nameplate...and they'll give him #17.    :D

43 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Poor Laquon Treadwell.

Wait...poor Laquon Treadwell dynasty football owners. 

At this point, isn't it worth just trading him for a 6th round pick? I mean, it really appears like they have no interest in him playing actual football for them. Have to imagine that he's easily fighting for a roster spot at this point. Someone may bite on a late round pick flier for him. We are starting to see those type of deals more and more, as well. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

At this point, isn't it worth just trading him for a 6th round pick? I mean, it really appears like they have no interest in him playing actual football for them. Have to imagine that he's easily fighting for a roster spot at this point. Someone may bite on a late round pick flier for him. We are starting to see those type of deals more and more, as well. 

To whom though?

1 minute ago, Crickett said:

To whom though?

I'd think there would be a random team that would take a flier on him, though maybe they have already tried and nobody is willing. But if the Browns can move Cam Erving, anything is possible. 

Solid pickup for the Vikes, he should fill the slot role perfectly keeping Thielen and Diggs outside (both have also played in the slot too). Treadwell will be the 4th WR and backup on the outside. He's been a dissapointment for sure but he's also been outplayed by two great receivers in Diggs and Thielen.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't see the point in trading him for a 6th this year. He's still young and is at least the 4th best receiver on the team I'd say. He's been a good blocker and special team player also

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Never seen a player go down more often by tripping over his own feet than I did with Kendall Wright. Was never a huge fan of the pick to begin with, but it was infuriating to witness that happen consistently during games.

And to think...he is actually a good route runner. Those two things don't usually mesh well with one another but somehow it's worked out for him.

It's a solid signing. He's not special in any particular department but he's a good depth receiver. 

Archived