Vikings sign WR Kendall Wright

solidvikingfan

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Once upon a time, I argued with several Texans fans over who would be the better WR between Kendall Wright and Alshon Jeffrey. 

Safe to say that I won.

I mean tbh you were arguing with a group of Texans fans. That's already an advantage ;)

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

I mean tbh you were arguing with a group of Texans fans. That's already an advantage ;)

...even then, they were smart enough to not think of him as a 1st round pick.

Titans FO, on the other hand...

41 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

So..  is it safe to say that Treadwell is a bust?  Or is this just competition?   Also whatever happened to Moritz Boheringer? Im guessing he didn't work out either as I havent heard anything about him since the draft.

Tresdwell’s inability to separate or box out has killed him so far.   Hindsight is 20/20 but so far clearly looks like the wrong call.

Böhringer’s elite play in the German football league just didn’t translate to the NFL with the jump in talent.   Not nearly the same cost though but still the wrong call.  

So really in this case two wrongs can make a Wright. 

17 hours ago, Forge said:

At this point, isn't it worth just trading him for a 6th round pick? I mean, it really appears like they have no interest in him playing actual football for them. Have to imagine that he's easily fighting for a roster spot at this point. Someone may bite on a late round pick flier for him. We are starting to see those type of deals more and more, as well. 

It’s sort of a weird story for Treadwell

He consistently found his way open. Played a ton of snaps last year for the first time in his career.Sometime wide open, Case just seemed to refuse to throw him the ball.

Case was so limited to throwing to one side of the field. Shurmur basically schemed his plays to Diggs, Thielen and Rudolph and was basically just asked to read the one side of the field. 

Treadwell made one helluva catch against the Packers, and I can’t remember what game it was but he got a bomb to open the game and it was under thrown and he tried to make a play on it and tip it over the CB to make the catch. These are literally the only two plays I remember of Treadwell where he was targeted.

Treadwell just never was a fit in Shurmurs system at all. I’m still interested to see how he will be used this year.

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Treadwell made one helluva catch against the Packers, and I can’t remember what game it was but he got a bomb to open the game and it was under thrown and he tried to make a play on it and tip it over the CB to make the catch. These are literally the only two plays I remember of Treadwell where he was targeted.

kcl0g0.jpg

Fifty-one of Wright's 82 targets came while he was lined up as a slot receiver last season, according to Pro Football Focus. He caught 41 of those passes in the slot with just one drop, good for an 80.4 catch rate that was the highest in the league from the position.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-sign-kendall-wright-loading-up-the-receiver-corps-led-by-adam-thielen-stefon-diggs/478411353/

Archived