Who's going to be our next Head Coach?

Aztec Hammer

Controversial topic, but not really. Hue will be gone sooner rather than later. Rumour has it that Dorsey isn't a fan but recognised that Haslam wanted to keep Hue at least for a while longer, if only to maintain the illusion of organisational stability. I have little doubt Dorsey will get his own HC at some point in 2018, if not 2019.

To add to that:

- Attempted to trade a 2nd and 3rd for a soon-to-be free agent, just in the hope that he would win a meaningless game or two to take us out of the 1st pick and our true franchise QB of the future. Unsurprisingly, when McCarron actually was available for free, Dorsey wanted nothing to do with him. Speaks volumes to what he thinks of Hue.

- Declined a 15 yard penalty on 3rd and 1 to push the Titans out of FG range, electing to give them 4th and 1, which they converted... when we jumped offside.

- Recognises the importance of the run game on a rookie QB and winning in general. Still unimpressed when Crowell rushes 5 times for 78 yards. Decides not to bother run the ball.

- Wants to cleanse the Browns of their ineptitude, which of course is the result of everyone in the organisation... except him.

- 'Nobody else could have done this job.' (He's kind of right on this one. As Bill Parcells said... "you are your record.")

- HE STILL HASN'T JUMPED IN THE DAMN LAKE.

I think we have to be honest with ourselves. The rookie QB is going to be there for an Head Coach change. I'm hoping it's something along the lines of Jared Goff. Didn't have to play too much for the useless, incompetent Fisher. Instead, mostly got to sit and learn and really take off in his second year with a fantastic, innovative offensive mind.

Who do you want it to be? Who do you think it will be?

I would love to see us get John DeFilippo. Wouldn't be surprised if Todd Haley gets the job full time though.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

In before the foolery starts...

List of My Browns Coaching Hopes:

1. John Gruden

2. Bill Cowher

3. Bill Walsh

4. Bill Parcels

5. Tom Coughlin

6. John Madden

I guess Walsh is going to coach us on VHS?

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Id hate Haley. I don't want an abusive alcoholic running the show. 

Id love Flip, he is a smart cookie. 

It all depends on how the offense runs. It be the one style of coach they haven’t hired. 

They tried the HS coach in Pettine. Tried the incompetent HC in Chudd, tried the tank players coach in Huebris. Tried the dopey offensive guy in Shurmur, tried the overweight defensive guy in Romeo. Heck one of the better coaches we had was the a-hole mangini

Jeff Fisher. Guaranteed to win anywhere between 7 and 7 games when you sign him.

I wish we would have kept Chudzinski. I was pretty upset when he was fired.

It's too early to tell. Good head coaches get fired every off-season. I'd wait and see who hits the market before making a coordinator hire.

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It all depends on how the offense runs. It be the one style of coach they haven’t hired. 

They tried the HS coach in Pettine. Tried the incompetent HC in Chudd, tried the tank players coach in Huebris. Tried the dopey offensive guy in Shurmur, tried the overweight defensive guy in Romeo. Heck one of the better coaches we had was the a-hole mangini

Maybe they need the hot model coach in Brady Quinn. What we could go wrong?

12 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Jeff Fisher. Guaranteed to win anywhere between 7 and 7 games when you sign him.

perfection

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

In to start the foolery...

List of My Browns Coaching Hopes:

1. John Gruden

2. Bill Cowher

3. Bill Walsh

4. Bill Parcels

5. Tom Coughlin

6. John Madden

7. Craig Bohls

YES. GET ME GRUDEN. HE'S A SUPER BOWL WINNING COACH. IT'S GONNA TAKE A LOT OF ? TO GET HIM OUT OF THE BOOTH, THO. A GUY CAN WISH.

Archived