Create the Big Board - 1st Round Rankings for Dallas - #24

Texas_OutLaw7

WHO IS THE # 24 PROSPECT ON OUR DRAFT BOARD?   

9 members have voted

1. 1. WHO IS THE # 24 PROSPECT ON OUR DRAFT BOARD?

• James Daniel, OL, Iowa
    • Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
    • Connor Williams, OL, Texas
    • Arden Key, EDGE, LSU
    • James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
    • Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
    • Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
    • Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
    • Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State
    • QB Position (Jackson, Etc.)
    • TE Position (Andrews, Gesicki, Etc.)
    • RB Position (Chubb, Jones, Michel, Etc.)
    • WR Position (Sutton, Kirk, Etc.)
    • OL Position (Hernandez, Etc.)
    • DT Position (Phillips, Settle, Etc.)
    • DE Position (Hubbard, Etc.)
    • LBer Positon (Carter, Etc.)
    • CB Position (Hughes, Etc.)
    • S Position (Reid, Allen, Bates, Etc)
    • No Additional 1st Rounders Left

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2018 at 03:30 AM

Rules: Each poll will last roughly a day. In the event of a tie, the most posted selection will advance. Runoffs will be implemented at my discretion. Some options will list players, others will list positions. In the event of a position is selected, the following day will present the options for specifically that position.

Note. You cannot draft a player to trade. No one is willing to trade with you. Create your board.

Note 2 - Only 9 players will be listed at any given poll. So if you want to lobby to name someone specifically, please go ahead and mention that person. If not - use the positional option.

Our list so far....

1. Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
  2. Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
  3. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn St.
  4. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
  5. Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
  6. Sam Darnold, QB, USC
  7. Derwin James, S, Florida State
  8. Vita Vea, DT, Washington
  9. Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Va. Tech
  10. Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
  11. Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
  12. Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
  13. Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
  14. Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA
  15. Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College
  16. Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
  17. Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
  18. Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise St
  19. Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
  20. Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
  21. Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
  22. D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
  23. Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia

Josh Jackson. The ball production is unreal and the fact that he is a converted WR gives reason that the interceptions aren't coincidence or chance. The guy could come in the league and immediately have some of the best hands in the league for a DB.

I think I may have to go Arden Key next. I know he missed some time, but it's not a drug issue from what I understood.  Talent wise he is top 15(Landry/Davenport range) without the off field concerns. But I would think Key is a higher rated prospect than Connor Williams or Daniels.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I think I may have to go Arden Key next. I know he missed some time, but it's not a drug issue from what I understood.  Talent wise he is top 15(Landry/Davenport range) without the off field concerns. But I would think Key is a higher rated prospect than Connor Williams or Daniels.

My problem with putting Key ... is this thread as a whole. Is it intended to rank the whole big board, or peg the first round guys only?

Because there are only 16 true first round guys by my count. FM30 has 15. Bucky B. has 17. And a famous local radio guy Mike Francesca has 13. In other words...going in the first round doesnt mean scouts and coaches truly had you rated as a top guy, but may have had you as a 1-2 or a flat 2 but the best left available.

Key, to me, is a 1-2 kinda guy. The missed time, the overpursuit problems, the less polished work off the snap, rates him lower to me and to many others. Good prospect, but solid 1? Not to me. But if we are ranking prospects all the way down regardless of first, second, etc designations...then Key would prolly be next, yeah.

6 hours ago, couchscout said:

give me James Daniels here.. Just a solid player who athletic ability allows him to get to the second level at will

I like Daniels as a pass blocking center with Kelce like mobility. Should be a good center. I'd be worried about his play strength at guard.

5 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

My problem with putting Key ... is this thread as a whole. Is it intended to rank the whole big board, or peg the first round guys only?

Because there are only 16 true first round guys by my count. FM30 has 15. Bucky B. has 17. And a famous local radio guy Mike Francesca has 13. In other words...going in the first round doesnt mean scouts and coaches truly had you rated as a top guy, but may have had you as a 1-2 or a flat 2 but the best left available.

Key, to me, is a 1-2 kinda guy. The missed time, the overpursuit problems, the less polished work off the snap, rates him lower to me and to many others. Good prospect, but solid 1? Not to me. But if we are ranking prospects all the way down regardless of first, second, etc designations...then Key would prolly be next, yeah.

I'm making the votes based on who I feel the next best player left is. Like if all the players that were previously selected didn't exist at all, who would be #1 on the BB? So every pick I'm trying to pick the best player left in my amatuer opinion.

I understand having GRADES on players, but that's not what I'm doing. Most of us ran out of our top guys a few picks ago.

Archived