Its Going to be a Defensive draft

Hurricanes773

25 minutes ago, Hurricanes773 said:

I guess this mock wasnt unrealistic as Landry is still on the board

Still think the Bears will go OG or WR in the 2nd unless they view the edge rushers as just better prospects.

9 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

You got that right. Hopefully we get Landry now. We need a passrusher bad IMO...

I'm thinking there might be a lot more faith in Lynch starting within the building than we have as fans...could see us going OL, DL or CB in the 2nd then take a OLB as depth in the 4th.

17 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm thinking there might be a lot more faith in Lynch starting within the building than we have as fans...could see us going OL, DL or CB in the 2nd then take a OLB as depth in the 4th.

giphy.gif

I just don't have that faith in Lynch, seems like he could be a rotational player but he flat out sucked the last two years.

8 minutes ago, G08 said:

So much freaking talent... 

Teams drafting ahead of us round 2 and their needs:

CLE - OL / S / WR

NYG - DL / OL / QB / WR

IND - DL / LB / WR

TB - CB / OL / RB / S

I'm wishing we could get a small tradedown and get one of the guys that had 1st round talent.  Or maybe Sims has 2nd round value in a trade? :D

Heard Bears are very high on Isaiah Oliver.  Could be a 2nd round target tonight.  Lots of good WRs and OL left too.

Problem here is that Bears don't have a 3rd this year and could use one.  A trade down could be in play.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

giphy.gif

I just don't have that faith in Lynch, seems like he could be a rotational player but he flat out sucked the last two years.

No doubt it is a risk and we need to get Lynch down to about 255lbs if he is going to be an out and out starter but with the way the board is I am not sure outside of Landry or possibly Hubbard the OLBs compare to some of the other talents.

Probably not at 39 but DL Nathan Sheperd screams Ryan Pace and should be available in a trade back. 

Hard to pass on James Daniels/Will Hernandez as both were touted as 1st rounders and would be instant day 1 starters. 

I think the Leavitt/Fangio ties really puts Isaiah Oliver in play if they stay put.

17 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Probably not at 39 but DL Nathan Sheperd screams Ryan Pace and should be available in a trade back. 

Hard to pass on James Daniels/Will Hernandez as both were touted as 1st rounders and would be instant day 1 starters. 

I think the Leavitt/Fangio ties really puts Isaiah Oliver in play if they stay put.

That gives us 3 really solid young starters on the OL plus Long who is dominant if healthy. Long is going to be 30 this year and with his injury history IDK how well he will hold up. But this allows Morgan time to be developed to replace Long or try to replace Massie next season. Not ideal to put him at RT IMO, but at minimum he should be a solid swing guard.

58 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Yep would love an OL for us in the second. 

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Hurricanes773 said:

@Sugashane Review my mock and tell me how unrealistic these picks were. And all are already making headlines in the offseason programs?

I stand by what I said.

With Smith he praised how often Smith was always in the right spot and his football intelligence - Edmunds is a raw athletic guy with crazy upside.

Landry had a ton of teams scared medically, after White busting due to injuries he wasn't going to risk it with a guy who they KNEW had injuries, etc. I said I'd be happy with it, but it was unrealistic.

And offseason programs are nothing to brag about. lol. You always hear about guys having  great camps and then barely see the field. Let's actually get to a few games before crowing any class or anything as great. 

Archived