Its Going to be a Defensive draft

Hurricanes773

55 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Agree. I’d love to get 12 & 53 from Buffalo (wouldn’t complain about 12 & 22 either :D) or 15 & 47 from Arizona & then be able to take Landry, Edmunds or Davenport there

If it isn' for both BUFs 1sts then I'm trying to leverage a 2nd in 2019, negotiating back to at least a 3rd instead. 

I'd take AZ for a first in both this year and next though, I think they draft high next year.

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

If it isn' for both BUFs 1sts then I'm trying to leverage a 2nd in 2019, negotiating back to at least a 3rd instead. 

I'd take AZ for a first in both this year and next though, I think they draft high next year.

Chiefs gave up a 3rd and future 1st to move up 17 spots... Not sure what makes you think the Bears would get the same offer -3rd to move down 7 spots.

12 hours ago, G08 said:

Unless Nelson is there, I just can't see how we don't draft one of: Davenport, Edmunds, Landry. Sam Acho is JAG, Floyd is our future, and Lynch is here as depth and to try and rehab his image. IMO Pace can't wait around until round 2 for a Lorenzo Carter.

You’re sleeping on Ward big time G08. I’d make a $200 Vegas bet if they had it Ward goes before all 3 of the names you mentioned.

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yeah I like the idea but it's not realistic. 

Besides, I would take Averett over Hill.

Two other guys I like in the 5th/6th for corners are Levi Wallace and Parry Nickerson. Wallace had some build as Alabama’s season ended but he seems to have slid again. Nickerson is slender but he’s a tremendous ballhawk.

6 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

You’re sleeping on Ward big time G08. I’d make a $200 Vegas bet if they had it Ward goes before all 3 of the names you mentioned.

I think he's just too thin man, he tried putting on weight between the Combine and his Pro Day and then at his Pro Day he refused to let anyone weigh him.

Hell of a corner -- very sticky -- but you can't be a dominant corner in the NFL (IMO) at 180 lbs.

I agree that we'll have a defensive draft.  With 7 picks, I can see us drafting 2 or 3 pass rushers.  I hope to hell Pace doesn't move up from 8.  We're in a perfect spot for a quality player to fall into our laps.  We don't need to move up to get Nelson, Edmunds, even Chubb is he's still there.  If by chance one of the top QBs is there, Buff, AZ, Even teams playoff teams like Pitt and NO need a QB, a trade up from them is a possibility.  I saw one with the Saints moving up from 27 with us get their QB.  We'd likely get a pick or two this year and a high pick next year. 

19 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

I agree that we'll have a defensive draft.  With 7 picks, I can see us drafting 2 or 3 pass rushers.  I hope to hell Pace doesn't move up from 8.  We're in a perfect spot for a quality player to fall into our laps.  We don't need to move up to get Nelson, Edmunds, even Chubb is he's still there.  If by chance one of the top QBs is there, Buff, AZ, Even teams playoff teams like Pitt and NO need a QB, a trade up from them is a possibility.  I saw one with the Saints moving up from 27 with us get their QB.  We'd likely get a pick or two this year and a high pick next year. 

The bad news is this looks like a weak year for pass rushers in the draft. The problem the Bears have is they need a dominant pass rusher and depth. I still think that a need at ILB is getting overlooked. The Bears lost Christian Jones and Trevathan is getting older with a history of injuries. Kwiatkowski has yet to prove he is a good NFL starter. So right now Timu is a step away from starting.

7 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

Chiefs gave up a 3rd and future 1st to move up 17 spots... Not sure what makes you think the Bears would get the same offer -3rd to move down 7 spots.

Differences are KC already had Smith set to lock down the QB position if the trade failed. AZ has Bradford and Glennon. There has to be a certain level of need AZ has that KC didn't. You also fail to mention the 3rd round pick was a 2017 pick, that year's third. The trade I mentioned involved the next year's 3rd. The next year's draft picks are always rated lower than their current year's counterparts.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I think he's just too thin man, he tried putting on weight between the Combine and his Pro Day and then at his Pro Day he refused to let anyone weigh him.

Hell of a corner -- very sticky -- but you can't be a dominant corner in the NFL (IMO) at 180 lbs.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

You really think give or take 5 pounds is the difference between being a dominant corner or not? One of the best CBs in the NFL this past season who clearly ‘dominated’ was also a rookie, is 5’11” 176 lbs....

1 hour ago, pigsooie5 said:

You really think give or take 5 pounds is the difference between being a dominant corner or not? One of the best CBs in the NFL this past season who clearly ‘dominated’ was also a rookie, is 5’11” 176 lbs....

No, I don't, but you combine that with his shorter arms and it makes me really uncomfortable putting him on the Julio Jones of the NFL. Plus we have Fuller/Amukamara here for the next few years, would you put this kid in the slot?

16 minutes ago, G08 said:

No, I don't, but you combine that with his shorter arms and it makes me really uncomfortable putting him on the Julio Jones of the NFL. Plus we have Fuller/Amukamara here for the next few years, would you put this kid in the slot?

In the modern NFL a slot CB is almost like  a starter. Amukamara still doesn't intercept passes. Though a slot corner is not the Bears biggest need on defense. The Bears defense will regress though if they don't get some linebacker talent on both the edge and the inside.

14 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

In the modern NFL a slot CB is almost like  a starter. Amukamara still doesn't intercept passes. Though a slot corner is not the Bears biggest need on defense. The Bears defense will regress though if they don't get some linebacker talent on both the edge and the inside.

Hence why I'm good with Davenport or Landry at #8, assuming Nelson is gone.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Hence why I'm good with Davenport or Landry at #8, assuming Nelson is gone.

I think Nelson will be gone before 8. Even if QB goes 1,2 and 3. At 4 Cle will take Barkley. Still wouldn't be shocked if Denver takes Nelson.

6 hours ago, G08 said:

6 hours ago, G08 said:

Like I said, 5lbs of body weight and 3/4” in arm length is such a minute difference. He’s an elite athlete with elite footwork and elite technique with potential to be a top 5 CB in this league IMO. 

Gunna remind you, Prince has played a full 16 games 1 out of his 7 seasons.... Will be 30 next season and is on a 2 year deal. 

I found myself continuously banging the table and cursing at Bryce Callahan through the TV. Constantly a step late. I would absolutely put Ward at nickel, he would eat ALIVE those smaller a lot guys.

Archived