Futbudds’ mock and roll

Futbudds

So Marv and co have taken 6 offensive guys to three defensive guys in the first three rounds of the draft the last three years. It sounds like that ratio will continue this year as it obviously needs the most help to make this team more competitive. These picks are more guys that I like rather than what I think they will go after.

1. Isaiah Wynn OG - stud, athletic, plug and play guy. The number two lineman in the draft. Good value at 21 also.

2. Jessie Bates III FS - super rangy, smart, and ball hawkishy. Always seems to be in the right spot. Good tackler also.

3a. Frank Ragnow C - strong, nasty, and tough. If he’s gone I wouldn’t be against taking Cole here. Drop off after the top four centers in this class looks pretty steep.

3b. Gerard Avery ILB - Fast and talented guy from smaller school that played all over. Has some pass rush moves but very good in space. Can play all three Lb spots and even put his hand on the ground.

4. Luke Falk QB - my favorite of the third tier qb’s.  6’4’’ 235 elusive for his size and strong enough to brush off would be rushers. 

5a. Jaylen Samuels TE, FB, RB - Swiss Army knife tool with great hands, good speed for his size, and has a knack for finding space in zone coverage. Would let Lazor get real creative.

5b. R.J. McIntosh DT, DE - athletic big guy that has wow flashes. I like Settle better but don’t think he makes it this far.

5c. Jordan Lasley WR - High ceiling but needs to put more muscle on his frame and get past dropsie tendencies. Also has some off field stuff that might drop him down. 

7a. Parry Nickerson CB - blazing speed and nose for the ball. If anything will be a good gunner on special teams/4th cb.

7b. Dylan Cantrell WR - Showed off speed at the combine but it doesn’t always show up on the field. Could be a special teams demon.

7c.Dorian O’Daniel LB - LB depth. Has potential.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Love the Wynn pick.  Would grab Ragnow in the second and the safety in the third.  Thern go after the d line in the fourth and fifth, along with a RB, CB, WR and K.  I'm finbe with falk too, but like others better.

I love Bates and I’d rather have him and Cole with a chance of Ragnow better than the safeties after Bates, Reid, and Harrison. 

Which third day qb do you like? I’m lukewarm on all of them I just like Falk’s size.

2 minutes ago, Futbudds said:

I love Bates and I’d rather have him and Cole with a chance of Ragnow better than the safeties after Bates, Reid, and Harrison. 

Which third day qb do you like? I’m lukewarm on all of them I just like Falk’s size.

I'm meh about all of them as well.  Falk, White, Lauletta.  It's not like they are planning to use them much if at all.  Pick the one with the most upside and roll.  I'd wait until the fifth, or just roll with Barkley this year.  Thois draft is deep at many of our positions of need and I don't see backup QB that big of one.  If Dalton goes down, we are screwed either way.  Now if they think they can groom one of these guys as Dalton's future replacement, then fine.

Here’s my o line rankings:

Wynn

Hernandez

Daniels

Price 

Williams

Ragnow

Mcglinchy

Crosby

Corbett

O’neil

Miller

Smith

Cappa (prob as a guard)

Cole

Brown

I don’t really want to spend the first two picks on o line but if so I’d want Wynn/Hernandez then Price/Ragnow and then if Bates is gone take Genard Avery and the best safety/d line player in the third. I’d be all for trading up into the back of the first if Daniels falls tho.

3 hours ago, theJ said:

All these mocks predicting a first round OL makes me think they're going to take something random like WR again.

But i hope it's a lineman.

I think we'll take a Linemen in the first but if Connor Williams, Wynn and Will Hernandez are gone, I think it'll be a DL instead of an OL...

I’m not against going defense in the first as long as two of the next four picks are o line. Grab center in the second and Cappa in the later third. The only safety I like in the first is Derwin/minkah. Goodberry has Reid in his last mock which felt like a reach. For LB maybe Evans and maybe maybe LVE but that seems like a reach too. Another penetrating DT like my guy Hurst would be fun to watch next to Geno. 

Who are we kidding they’ll take another cornerback. If he turns out as good as WJIII we prob couldn’t ask for a better draft.

7 minutes ago, Futbudds said:

For LB maybe Evans and maybe maybe LVE but that seems like a reach too.

With Preston Brown and Burfict (when not suspended), I don't think we need a LB like Evans.  Although I would be Ok with it, if it meant we really were moving on from Burfict.

We still don't have a good LB that can cover.  That's the type I'm hoping we look for in the draft...

4 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

With Preston Brown and Burfict (when not suspended), I don't think we need a LB like Evans.  Although I would be Ok with it, if it meant we really were moving on from Burfict.

We still don't have a good LB that can cover.  That's the type I'm hoping we look for in the draft...

If we get a safety I could see Williams move to a nickel LB.

19 hours ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

If we get a safety I could see Williams move to a nickel LB.

On the bbp podcast they were saying that with the way that money is tied up they will prob have to cut someone to get under the cap. Obviously MJ and LaFell came up first but if a safety is taken early Williams or Iloka could be a cap casualty because of their contracts. Doesn’t make sense to me that they would keep Mj and LaFell and cut a starter but the beat guys are obviously much closer to the team.

48 minutes ago, Futbudds said:

On the bbp podcast they were saying that with the way that money is tied up they will prob have to cut someone to get under the cap. Obviously MJ and LaFell came up first but if a safety is taken early Williams or Iloka could be a cap casualty because of their contracts. Doesn’t make sense to me that they would keep Mj and LaFell and cut a starter but the beat guys are obviously much closer to the team.

I think it would be stupid for us to cut Williams or Iloka (comment is not directed at you but the team).  Both players are above average starters IMO when healthy.  Williams just needs to get healthy.  Also, when Reggie Nelson left, there was some growing pains in the secondary communication.  Iloka, Williams, the corners, and the LBs all needed to get on the same page.  I think that communication has gotten better and the Williams/Iloka combo has their best days ahead of them.  To cut one now, eliminates that progress.

MJ and LaFell do need to get cut.  LaFell is OK but he's taking snaps away from more talented players.  He can easily be replaced by a mid-round (3-5) WR in this draft...

Archived