Futbudds’ mock and roll

Futbudds

11 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I think it would be stupid for us to cut Williams or Iloka (comment is not directed at you but the team).  Both players are above average starters IMO when healthy.  Williams just needs to get healthy.  Also, when Reggie Nelson left, there was some growing pains in the secondary communication.  Iloka, Williams, the corners, and the LBs all needed to get on the same page.  I think that communication has gotten better and the Williams/Iloka combo has their best days ahead of them.  To cut one now, eliminates that progress.

MJ and LaFell do need to get cut.  LaFell is OK but he's taking snaps away from more talented players.  He can easily be replaced by a mid-round (3-5) WR in this draft...

Only way it would try to make any sense is if they drafted a safety in the first two rounds but even then their contracts are so team friendly that it would be a bad move talent wise. Maybe if the new d coordinator wants more center fielder type free safeties but even then why cripple the depth? 

• 3 weeks later...

My one week out updated ‘hope they all fall’ mock:

1. Maurice Hurst - could be really special. There’s depth at this position this year but he can actually get pressure consistently and hold his own in the run game. Would make this d line a force.

2. Frank Ragnow - sounds like he won’t make it this far but it’s my mock so here he is.

3a. Jessie Bates - please please please let him fall to the third round for us

3b. Desean Hamilton - ditto 

4. Ian Thomas - last of the TE’s that aren’t projects/liabilities.

5a. Genard Avery - Is he a pass rusher with superb speed to drop into coverage? Is he a bear of an LB that can really rush the passer? I dunno but I want him in stripes.

5b. Joseph Jewell - great instincts

5c. Parry Nickerson - has the tools just needs to learn what to do with them

7a. Wyatt Teller - depth

7b. Josh Kalu - athlete athlete athlete, I want either him or Troy Apke in the 7th just on how athletic they are

7c. Nick Shimonek - whatever

Archived