Redskins 2018 schedule & the forecast of wins/losses

After the early bit of info on our new QB Alex Smith & his career numbers, I thought it might be fun to forecast our record for next season.

For those that don't know, he has a 51-27-1 record @home & a 39-40 record on the road throughout his career.

To some it up, he wins about 65% of the time at home & 50% on the road by average.

He's also 21-9 in the last 5 yrs in K.C inside his division. That's 70% success or at least a 4-2 record.

Here is our Schedule for 2018

@Home

Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Falcons, Panthers, Packers, Texans & Colts.

@Away

Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Cardinals, Jaguars, Saints, Bucs, Titans.

So going by our 2018 schedule & Alex Smith career average by history, this is what I believe we can expect at minimum.

@Home

W Cowboys, W Giants, W Eagles, W Falcons, L Panthers, L Packers, W Texans & W Colts.

@Away

L Cowboys, W Giants, L Eagles, W Cardinals, L Jaguars, L Saints, W Bucs, W Titans.

That's a 10-6 record

4-2 in division

6-6 conference record

3-1 non-conference record

You could swap some L's & W's for certain teams, but I believe this about what to expect going by Alex.

We could be 1 game worse as a 9-7 team, but that's a worst case scenario. Best case scenario is probably 11-5. At least for now & depending on how we do in the draft.

Either way, you can expect a Playoff birth now, with Alex at the Helm.

He knows how to get it done!

The way the team is currently constructed we still can't run the ball nor can we stop it. Our receivers are also very suspect as I'm not a believer in Paul Richardson. We lost most of our pass rushing depth and I don't think Alex Smith will come in right away and play great. I honestly see the team taking a step back without much help from free agency and not having much fire power in the draft. I'm expecting between 5-11 to 7-9. This off-season has not impressed me much and I just don't see how we've improved...

I think this will be the last season of Allen and Gruden. 

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The way the team is currently constructed we still can't run the ball nor can we stop it. Our receivers are also very suspect as I'm not a believer in Paul Richardson. We lost most of our pass rushing depth and I don't think Alex Smith will come in right away and play great. I honestly see the team taking a step back without much help from free agency and not having much fire power in the draft. I'm expecting between 5-11 to 7-9. This off-season has not impressed me much and I just don't see how we've improved...

I think this will be the last season of Allen and Gruden. 

You could be right. Anything is certainly possible.

But remember, Alex took over a 3-13 Chiefs team with Andy Reid and immediately made an impact for them.

So its not unreasonable to think, that he can't come here & bring a 7-9 football team devastated with injuries @#1 in the NFL the year before & get them an extra 2 or 3 wins.

At this point I’m highly confident his career win percentage on the road and within the division will take a negative hit. Not ready for total season prediction yet

it would be interesting to see his win percentage with above average coaches Harbaugh and Reid. 

Optimism abound. At least the people that say the bar for Alex Smith to be a success see us being 4-12 or worse. 9_9

In my opinion, we sweep Giants and Cowboys and get swept by the Eagles. I’d say we pick up wins against TB, Indy, Tenn and Cardinals bringing us to 8-8 with potential for a few more with close wins.

20 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m not normally a gambling man — but for those who are saying 2-14 or 4-12, I will happily give you an over/under of 5.5 wins and bet any amount you want on the over. 

Totally agree with ya, Eball.

I think we could win at least 4 games with Colt Mccoy...lol

Archived