Last Western-developed game(s) you bought?

KManX89

I know we all have our fanboy nostalgia around Japanese-developed games, but there's gotta be some love for Western-developed games in here. 

Last ones I bought were The Evil Within 2 (Bethesda) and CoD: WWII (Activision) on PS4 for me, though I got God of War pre-ordered. I might trade CoD: WWII in for it because it sucks. Yes, I was suckered into the whole return of boots on the ground gameplay, the game is straight-up trash. I've been playing a lot of Modern Warfare Remastered in the meantime.

This seems weirdly specific lol.

Far Cry 5, it is a good game, but nothing special. I see the game similarly to like Saints Row. Don't take the story/characters too seriously. Enjoy the moments you enjoy and laugh off the ridiculous parts. Have fun with the solid gameplay mechanics and you will enjoy the game. The game is a bit buggy and it's not great for the co-op partner, but being able to play a full length campaign co-op just feels so rare these days. 

Divinity Original Sin 2, This series might be becoming be breaking my top 3-5 series of all time. it has 4 player co-op full story, is actually built for it. Great gameplay, just too good of a game.

1 hour ago, HighHopes said:

This seems weirdly specific lol.

Far Cry 5, it is a good game, but nothing special. I see the game similarly to like Saints Row. Don't take the story/characters too seriously. Enjoy the moments you enjoy and laugh off the ridiculous parts. Have fun with the solid gameplay mechanics and you will enjoy the game. The game is a bit buggy and it's not great for the co-op partner, but being able to play a full length campaign co-op just feels so rare these days. 

Divinity Original Sin 2, This series might be becoming be breaking my top 3-5 series of all time. it has 4 player co-op full story, is actually built for it. Great gameplay, just too good of a game.

Your comments on coop campaign modes is exactly why I enjoyed Dying Light so much. It’s rare nowadays and Dying Light is such an enjoyable coop experience. 

I can't remember the last time I bought a non-"Western" game... I'm not sure I understand this thread.

The games I remember buying in the last 5 years are... Fallout 4, Black Ops 3, Stardew Valley, H1Z1, Diablo 3, No Man's Sky, FIFA 18, Madden 18, Rocket League, Skyrim, Starblood Arena, Farpoint, Destiny 2, The Witcher 3, Sprint Vector, Last of Us...

Are any of those non-Western games?

On 4/1/2018 at 2:01 AM, Heimdallr said:

I can't remember the last time I bought a non-"Western" game... I'm not sure I understand this thread.

The games I remember buying in the last 5 years are... Fallout 4, Black Ops 3, Stardew Valley, H1Z1, Diablo 3, No Man's Sky, FIFA 18, Madden 18, Rocket League, Skyrim, Starblood Arena, Farpoint, Destiny 2, The Witcher 3, Sprint Vector, Last of Us...

Nope, all Western.

This thread feels like a couple decades too late.

On 4/1/2018 at 12:01 AM, Heimdallr said:

Witcher 3 was my made by CD Projekt Red, whose company is in Poland. So that would be a non-western

Archived