Ranking the 2018 WRs

diamondbull424

5 hours ago, berlin calling said:

are you surprised by your rating of Ridley or do you feel his rating objectively fair? 

I’m actually somewhat surprised. Of course, on tape he seems like he would be much higher.

I’ve thought about perhaps using a curve for him as he dominated as a freshman and could’ve made the jump to the pros then, but that wouldn’t be fair to other prospects.

And who knows, perhaps the ranges will, in the end, prove to be the truth of that matter when future hindsight is included.

Edit: Now that I have values that I’m comfortable with, I next want to expand my sample size of NFL players to see how accurate the indicator appears to be. Because as it stands, I might have to change my stance, DJ Moore and Courtland Sutton would be no brainer prospects and we’d be fools to pass up that level of possible production regardless of position.

Update: The list is updated to include values assigned to the 2017 top 10 drafted receivers.

Notables: DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, and Michael Gallup are all rated better than any receiver that was drafted in 2017.

There are more upper middle tier receivers in this class than 2017.

Archived