Per McGinn: Packers to Release Clay Matthews

AlexGreen#20

https://twitter.com/BobMcGinn/status/978997199077036032

Per Brian Gutekunst: It's always painful to sever ties with a player who has been as fundamental to this football team as Clay has been. He's been a standout player and a person for his entire career in Green Bay and this decision saddens me greatly. With the salary situation and the transitioning of defensive schemes a parting of ways was unfortunately necessary for both parties to move forward.

What this means for the team going forward and the Edge Rusher position remains to be seen, but the Free Agent market doesn't appear to be rife with potential solutions. This release appears to make the selection of Marcus Davenport in this month's NFL draft all but an inevitability if he is available.

Image result for clay matthews

Just kidding, 

We didn't have an April Fools Day Thread like we typically do, figured I'd get everybody's heart racing this morning.

Happy Easter Everyone

10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I was literally ready to cry.  I was already planning a hiatus from this site, and I had already picked out what kind of alcohol I was going to get rage drunk on. 

I recommend several cocktails made of absinthe and tequila.............  =  too bombed to care about    -    anything.

https://greatist.com/eat/recipes/qui-freedom

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

The first thing I thought when I read this was @HorizontoZenith is going poop his pants.

First thing I thought was: EDMUNDS!  Now he's gotta move to the top of the "Needs List"

But then again, I'd probably have had the same thought if the gag was we'd released Linsley.

It's a persona problem. I'm working on it. :)

I totally believed it. I thought it was proof that Gutekunst was terrible. It's not good that I was so close to believing that already. But now I will take a deep breath and see how things play out for the next year or two. 

Archived