Debo

mwalker

22 minutes ago, JPeezy55 said:

Hope it's not true and find it hard to believe it is true as well.

That guy burned all his bridges here

People said that after the first time he left here. In the end, this is a business first and foremost. If it's good for business on both sides, it could happen. And even if he doesn't resign here to play, I think given everything that he has done for our team over the years, they would at least let him retire a Steeler.

Moats is gone. Chickillo sucks. And I would probably take a 40 year old James Harrison over Bud Dupree.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

People said that after the first time he left here. In the end, this is a business first and foremost. If it's good for business on both sides, it could happen. And even if he doesn't resign here to play, I think given everything that he has done for our team over the years, they would at least let him retire a Steeler.

Moats is gone. Chickillo sucks. And I would probably take a 40 year old James Harrison over Bud Dupree.

same here, but Harrison has lost a step, and if he is a distraction, what good what it be considering his possible decline in play. Dupree should have been traded while they can get some value. Bring Harrison back and cut dupree? I don't know what to expect anymore

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not really the same type of situation at all as the 1st time.

Multiple players vocally came out after he was cut this season explaining he was a distraction to the team.

He was cut last season because the coaching staff clearly didn't think he could play over Moats or Chick. So even with 1/2 gone, I don't really see the value in adding him other than for sentimental value, I guess.

48 minutes ago, JPeezy55 said:

Not really the same type of situation at all as the 1st time.

Multiple players vocally came out after he was cut this season explaining he was a distraction to the team.

He was cut last season because the coaching staff clearly didn't think he could play over Moats or Chick. So even with 1/2 gone, I don't really see the value in adding him other than for sentimental value, I guess.

While those are valid points, I think it was proven that the coaching staff was wrong on that one. Harrison, on the field anyway, was still a better player than every outside linebacker we had except maybe TJ Watt.

7 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

we have failed at OLB fro a while, but outside of Watt, what will be done about it? Have they talked to any UFA's? This draft is said to lack quality Edge, so this might be the year to go UFA for OLB. 

At this point, it seems like the only OLB they will look to replace is Moats.  I think we draft an OLB at some point (might be a late pick), and maybe sign someone before the season...perhaps a surprise release.

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

we have failed at OLB fro a while, but outside of Watt, what will be done about it? Have they talked to any UFA's? This draft is said to lack quality Edge, so this might be the year to go UFA for OLB. 

Our track record for OLBs in recent years is abysmal.  I thought this EDGE class was considered good - at least Colbert said something to that affect.  

If they don't grab another OLB by the 3rd round, I will be disappointed.   Edmunds, Landry, Carter, Okoronkwo, Nwosu, Holland, all seem like possible candidates.  

38 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Glad it's an April Fool's Joke because Debo is done.  He's got nothing left.

Based on what I saw of him in the playoffs, he has more than Bud Dupree and Anthony Chickillo.

Not saying Id sign him, but lets be real here.

4 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Our track record for OLBs in recent years is abysmal.  I thought this EDGE class was considered good - at least Colbert said something to that affect.  

If they don't grab another OLB by the 3rd round, I will be disappointed.   Edmunds, Landry, Carter, Okoronkwo, Nwosu, Holland, all seem like possible candidates.  

what does colbert know about edge rushers anyways?  Jarvis, now dupree? That is a decade of starters that shouldn't have been starting and on the team after a few years. 

Archived