Far Cry 5

I'm just a little upset that they made this game in Montana and not Louisiana.  One of the highlights of my gaming life was when I was swimming somewhere in Far Cry 4 and I was like, "Man, that looks just like a crocodile."  It was a crocodile.  When it attacked me, I jumped so high I nearly hit the ceiling.  Don't think there are gonna be any crocodiles in Montana. 

30 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm just a little upset that they made this game in Montana and not Louisiana.  One of the highlights of my gaming life was when I was swimming somewhere in Far Cry 4 and I was like, "Man, that looks just like a crocodile."  It was a crocodile.  When it attacked me, I jumped so high I nearly hit the ceiling.  Don't think there are gonna be any crocodiles in Montana. 

We need Fallout: New Orleans

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yea, I haven't been jumped by an animal. Most are either scared of me or my guns for hire see them first and say something. They also attack other animals first usually. I can't say I miss them, but I also think it's a pretty pivotal part of the new FC series lol. Nothing, but fear when diving for those damn blue flowers.

Just now, HighHopes said:

Yea, I haven't been jumped by an animal. Most are either scared of me or my guns for hire see them first and say something. They also attack other animals first usually. I can't say I miss them, but I also think it's a pretty pivotal part of the new FC series lol. Nothing, but fear when diving for those damn blue flowers.

The cougars love to attack me while I'm fishing...especially when I have a big trophy level fish on the line and I've been battling it for 5 mins :$

On 4/1/2018 at 10:14 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

I played my neighbors copy a few mins trying it out. 1 very noticeable thing right away. No map in the corner to follow. I went through the settings and couldnt find any way to turn one on, or it seem like there even is one. First game like it without one Ive played. Is there one? Or am I just missing the setting for it?

You have the compass at the top.  Other than that you have to rely on the alert indicators to know where you're getting shot from.   They did that with Assassins Creed: Origins as well.

14 hours ago, DaveDX said:

Do you know what the definition of insanity is?  They still haven't topped 3.  May very well be impossible, it was so good.  I miss the hunt/craft system.  Perk system is ok, but hunting for my additional holsters was the best.

Yeah I'm a little torn on the perk/crafting change. Hunting was tedious but perk seems a little bland. This game feels a bit like Ghost Recon Wildlands with the perk system and the environment. 

42 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah I'm a little torn on the perk/crafting change. Hunting was tedious but perk seems a little bland. This game feels a bit like Ghost Recon Wildlands with the perk system and the environment. 

Yea, hunting wasn't my favorite, but it was just a part of FC to me. It could be annoying having to find which zone they were in and hope you could actually fine one, then you are one short, etc lol. But it atleast gave hunting a reason and some life. It's hard not to see animals in FC5 just as money running around. You snipe them in the head or just leave them alone because the stashes has money and perks lol.

Hunting WAS tedious, but the sense of reward was a good feeling.  Seeing that little icon pop up that told you you could craft something was awesome, especially when it was something you weren't aware of or actively trying for.  I'd always make a beeline for certain areas to get the necessities early.

Archived