Far Cry 5

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Ran into the mission Quiet On The Set. When it says to speak to the First AD. It wont trigger the convo with him. Any ideas as to what I might need to do to get him activating the mission?

The game is glitchy as heck. I can literally fall through the map on purpose lol. I played with a friend and if we ever had problems, it was just doing something else or restarting. I don't know if there is a specific problem with that quest as I didn't have any troubles with it in two playthroughs.

Just beat it. Loved the "resist" ending. I wish shows like Game of Thrones had balls enough to go that route, instead of the Avengers Disney ending we will be getting.

Hurks pretty cool to take on missions. Roll up to the lodge for the mission after "Only You". And in heat of battle hes yelling, "Ya know, Think I got drunk and passed out naked here once..(Pause).. Naw, it was 10 times... Atleast"

It was a fun game. The Far Cry formula can't go wrong, imo. This wasn't as good as the last two, but still worth the time. They did an admirable job making up for the dull setting with how good everything else was. The characters were pretty good, from the main ones to the side ones. The story wasn't that great but I don't really have any standards for video game stories. I literally do not care about a game's story as long as the gameplay is fun.

*Spoilers, even though people talked about the endings already*

The ending wasn't surprising at all. But I can't understand why anyone would complain about it. What other endings could they have made? Take Joseph to jail and have everything else be normal? That would be as uninteresting as the other two endings. Having Joseph be right, as predictable as it is, was really the only interesting thing they could have done with this story. But like I said, I don't care about video game stories anyway. Go read a book if you care about stories that much.

• 2 weeks later...

Made the choir soundtrack to use during carpool today with all the kids. lol

And guilty enough. I actually love the games soundtracks myself. But the kids loving the game so much gives me excuse to play the soundtrack and not feel like I do when I wake up all hungover next to something 250lbs.

I Googled the ending, too.  It turned Far Cry 5 into a game I was going to get soon to a game I will never get.  Endings like that make playing a game pointless to me.  I don't have a problem with bad endings in games if you don't do enough to get a good ending, and I actually enjoy those games.  I will never play another game that doesn't allow at least the OPPORTUNITY for a good ending.  Unless this game comes out with DLC that opens up alternate endings, I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever buy this game.  Ever. 

26 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I Googled the ending, too.  It turned Far Cry 5 into a game I was going to get soon to a game I will never get.  Endings like that make playing a game pointless to me.  I don't have a problem with bad endings in games if you don't do enough to get a good ending, and I actually enjoy those games.  I will never play another game that doesn't allow at least the OPPORTUNITY for a good ending.  Unless this game comes out with DLC that opens up alternate endings, I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever buy this game.  Ever. 

I loved the ending since I earned it.

Well. I didnt really earn it. I got to it and one of the kids begged to beat the boss. And he was sitting there, "What does this mean?! I was the badguy?!" and such. Kids were freakin out that he was the good guy and we were the bad. And they kept bringing it up and asking questions for days.

So I loved it. Its one of my favorite endings Ive run into. Now Ive only played about 20 games the past year, which means Ive only played 20 games since college 15 years ago. But outside 2 of Mafia 3s endings. Best Ive run into. And by far the best my kids and all the kids around have ever seen judging by how theyve talked about it when together.

20 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You're the worst lol

On 4/28/2018 at 1:43 AM, MathMan said:

so i had to google the ending....im done

You're also the worst 

• 3 weeks later...

Just beat it today. What the hell did I just watch?

MASSIVE SPOILERS BELOW! HIGHLIGHT THE TEXT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

Seriously? What the hell was that?!? The right ending was the "Secret" one where you walk away before even starting the game?? So basically, the entire game was a big lie. Either choice at the end was WRONG. If you walked away then, your player TURNS on everyone and kills everyone after hearing "Only You"; they just don't show you kill everyone. (Clearly implied). IF YOU CHOSE TO ARREST HIM; IT WAS ALSO WRONG!!

If you choose to "walk away" at the beginning for the secret ending, the Deputy tells you "If you arrest he, we won't make it out alive" (paraphrased). He foreshadows the ending for you. Literally everyone dies, except you. Then you're with The Father as you're handcuffed to the bed at the Den (With Dutch's dead body next to you) and he said that you are his Son now as you're all he has left. 

I loved this game overall, but the ending was one massive troll job. One thing I didn't like was there was so much you didn't get to do; nor NEEDED to do in a sense. The Resistance Points needed should've been bumped up. Also, if I recall - (SPOILERS AFTER THIS, HIGHLIGHT TO READ) You never actually get to kill any of the "kids". All 3 die without a proper "killing" scene. In fact, how the hell did Faith even DIE??

Probably going to sell this game now. No reason to hang onto it. Game was worth it, but Ubisoft gave us all a giant middle finger.

I still don't get the outrage. Tell me a better idea for an ending. They kinda cornered themselves into endings like those with the way they wrote the story. They could have come up with better endings if they had worked some other things around before that, but by the time you're at the final mission, I don't see what else they could have really done for their endings.

I never got the impression that the player was bad and Joseph was good. Not even after the ending. I was kind of pissed that I didn't get to kill him with my bare hands on screen, but the ending was left so incredibly open that (I got kind of caught up in it) i KNEW I would kill him as soon as I got the chance. Would you want Joseph Seed alive to rebuild? Hell no.

Archived