WR Roster Battle Thread

packerjmf

If we can stash Dupre, Michael Clark, McCaffrey and Yancey on the PS, we're good. I have a hard time seeing 2 of those guys being snatched by another team. But who knows, the Jets could grab all 4. 

Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Allison, Davis, Janis is a solid 6. We have 3 SOLID receiving option at tight end this year, so that alleviates it a bit. We ran with 7 WRs at final cut last year, but i like the prospect of keeping 6 and keeping 3 RBs and 2 FBs. 

At the end of the day, we know that Mike and Ted will just go with whoever shows the most. Could end up with 8 WRs, who knows

Discussing this somewhere the other day and a lot of teams fans seem to be more and more open to keeping more receivers. Can't tell where I fall. Receivers are easy to fall in love with. Can't play them all, want to stash, then again how many of these late guys we all love are ever worth it?

Then again the guys replacing them are same boat.

30 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Discussing this somewhere the other day and a lot of teams fans seem to be more and more open to keeping more receivers. Can't tell where I fall. Receivers are easy to fall in love with. Can't play them all, want to stash, then again how many of these late guys we all love are ever worth it?

Then again the guys replacing them are same boat.

Can't keep them all.  Might have to end up trading one of them.  The Jets are deprived of talent...

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Can't keep them all.  Might have to end up trading one of them.  The Jets are deprived of talent...

Yeah true. Could see a conditional pick coming from someone there.

5 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah true. Could see a conditional pick coming from someone there.

And the one thing that needs to be noted is that Ted usually doesn't release his draft picks on cutdowns, but it seems that at least one will likely get the axe.

Just now, CWood21 said:

And the one thing that needs to be noted is that Ted usually doesn't his draft picks on cutdowns, but it seems that at least one will likely get the axe.

True true. Did we ever actually get that pick for Caleb Schlaudeyvhigzhnvfhj. From NYJ? 

If we do it seems like we all freak and they slide to PS anyways. 

Dupre seems hyped but I get this impression it's "forced" to a degree. Like Janis sort of.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The Jets are deprived of talent...

I don't think the Jets are interested in acquiring talent.  5th-7th round picks only have about half of their original value Maximum come cutdown time.  They already get a discount because the receiving team doesn't get to work with them in camp.  Then you have to find the other guy in the draft who was willing to hand in that card right after you did, and they need to have a need at the same spot.

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

True true. Did we ever actually get that pick for Caleb Schlaudeyvhigzhnvfhj. From NYJ?

Yeah.  We ended up receiving the 224th pick from the Jets, which was added into the Terrell Manning trade in the 2012 draft.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I don't think the Jets are interested in acquiring talent.  5th-7th round picks only have about half of their original value Maximum come cutdown time.  They already get a discount because the receiving team doesn't get to work with them in camp.  Then you have to find the other guy in the draft who was willing to hand in that card right after you did, and they need to have a need at the same spot.

I was merely throwing a team out there.  And you're most likely talking about some sort of conditional pick, nothing of note.

6 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't know if keeping Jeff Janis around because he's good on special teams but hoping you don't have to play him at WR is really all that different from keeping Jarrett Bush around because he's good on special teams but you hope you don't have to play him at CB, which is a thing they did for quite a few years.  Your 6th WR isn't really anybody you hope to throw the ball to very much, but if he's not good on STs he's going to be a gameday scratch.

Bush was a better DB than Janis is a WR.

And yes I realize it takes WRs time, but even in that time, you see progress. Janis isn't. He's making the same types of mistakes he has been since day 1. He's not likely to ever be a good enough route runner to break into the rotation.

Archived