Josh Allen

Kiwibrown

drafting josh Allen  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Id draft Josh Allen

3 minutes ago, celestial said:

Why?

Talent wise. Ego's aside I simply think they're better QBs.  Rosen I think is among the most accurate, Allen has possibly the best arm.  I actually don't dislike how outspoken both of them are.  More so, I like the fits for both.

As far as Mayfield, I just think his ego is far bigger than his actual talent and Cleveland is even worse at developing QBs.

I'm also not a believer in USC QBs.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I get the history - but given the coach and system are completely different than the era for the ghosts of past drafts like Leinart, Sanchez & Matt Barkley, is that really still a valid concern?  

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I get the history - but given the coach and system are completely different than the era for the ghosts of past drafts like Matt Barkley, is that really still a valid concern?  

For me individually, it is until it's proven that it shouldn't be.  I feel the same way about Florida QBs.

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:
18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I get the history - but given the coach and system are completely different than the era for the ghosts of past drafts like Matt Barkley, is that really still a valid concern?  

For me individually, it is until it's proven that it shouldn't be.  I feel the same way about Florida QBs.

I bet you were pounding the table for the Rams to take Kevin Hogan #1 overall in 2016 because Andrew Luck and John Elway, right?

32 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I bet you were pounding the table for the Rams to take Kevin Hogan #1 overall in 2016 because Andrew Luck and John Elway, right?

Um..no..  Wasn't a Kevin Hogan fan honestly.  Though I did believe he was going to be better than he turned out to be.  Darnold could very well prove me wrong.  He has the tools to be a good QB, in fact I think many of the past USC QB's have as well they just ended up in places that weren't equipped to develop them the way they needed to be imo.  Having said that, I don't feel that NYJ is equipped to develop a QB either.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Talent wise. Ego's aside I simply think they're better QBs.  Rosen I think is among the most accurate, Allen has possibly the best arm.  I actually don't dislike how outspoken both of them are.  More so, I like the fits for both.

As far as Mayfield, I just think his ego is far bigger than his actual talent and Cleveland is even worse at developing QBs.

Rosen is the most accurate QB but has limitations. That doesn't bother you?

Allen has the strongest arm but the lowest floor in terms of things like accuracy, anticipation, etc. That doesn't bother you?

I like Mayfield. If he was 2 inches taller, people would look at him different. He does have an ego, but his production backs it up. His ego was reaffirmed when Dorsey chose him #1. His limitations are all physical, and Keenum showed those can be overcome with weapons and the right system.

Now in terms of developing QBs, Cleveland arguably doesn't pick the best QB talent to begin with and then often fails to surround their QBs with weapons. So I'm not sure the problem is QB development so much as a lack of QB talent/investment. Contrary to popular belief, Kizer got better throughout last season, he was just never ready for the NFL in his rookie year. 

23 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Silly mindset, imo.  You can’t look at the school to judge the qb.  The guy has the talent and the brain for the position or he doesn’t.

On 4/27/2018 at 5:59 PM, wwhickok said:

That's like saying "I don't like blondes because they're all ditsy"

48 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Lmao, it is true.

True ignorance.

Nah, it's just my opinion, that's all.  I'm just saying I like what I see with Allen and Rosen more.  I've been wrong PLENTY of times about Quarterbacks, Allen wouldn't be the first.  But when it comes to USC QB's, history DOES have a way of repeating itself.  I will say this, Darnold has shown more promise than any that have entered the NFL before him.  I'm just one of those people that need to "see it to believe it".  So when he shows us that he's better than his previous USC QB alum, I'll gladly admit I was wrong.

18 hours ago, daineraider said:

Silly mindset, imo.  You can’t look at the school to judge the qb.  The guy has the talent and the brain for the position or he doesn’t.

Actually it's really not a bad thing, or at least not as bad as it is.  Certain programs just don't develop certain positions.  It goes back to more to scheme than the school itself.

Archived