Josh Allen

Kiwibrown

drafting josh Allen  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Id draft Josh Allen

6 hours ago, areksoo said:

In due time.... next year Bills will likely finish in the bottom 10 and will have a TON of money to spend.  Oh what's this?  OBJ is a FA in 2019?  

Lmao you think OBJ won't get tagged and will be able to sign wherever? He's going nowhere.

Even if he left the Giants, don't see him choosing Buffalo over the Jets. Same stadium. More cap. 

Now...Stefon Diggs? I think he's gonna after this season.

On 29/04/2018 at 11:13 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Mayfield panics under pressure? He's the best QB in this draft under pressure.

Bills fans, be happy. Josh Allen is going to be a "hit" for you guys methinks. But you guys gotta get him a better group of receivers. It worries me who he's going to be throwing passes to.

Yeah.  It's not an ideal situation for him to land in.  There's really no need to keep continuity with the relative lack of talent/weapons around him at the NFL level.  xD  Gonna be interesting to see how it goes with him there, and if they can find a way to get some more pieces around him.  Both receiving talent and OLine talent really.

On 29/04/2018 at 2:08 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Ideally he won't see the field at all this year anyway. Zay Jones should be better in year 2 and with better coaching. I like KB and hope a year in the system and healthy allows him to contribute and get a fair contract extension. 

If the Bills can add a true difference maker at the position or TE next off-season I think Allen will have the weapons he needs.

Is that really gonna happen though?  Are AJ and Peterman really going to last the whole year while the shiny new franchise-saver sits on the bench with a clipboard and inactive designation?  Colour me skeptical on that.

If they can hold on for at least most of the season though, with a probable high pick for the Bills and some good WR targets potentially available in next year's draft...there is some light at the end of the tunnel on that.  Not to mention FA or trade possibilities.

On 29/04/2018 at 6:19 PM, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think either are really burners though. Funchess definitely isn't and Brown is more of a possession WR as well.  Diontae Johnson, Jonvea Johnson (both Toledo WR's), Ahmmon Richards, Parris Campbell, and especially Marquise Brown are all legitimate rip the top off your defense WR's. They don't need a great #1; they just need some semblance of a deep threat.

This i'm not sure on.  Naturally the idea of a pure lid-lifter seems to mesh with the big arm aspect.  And it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a guy who can get downfield under his passes like that.  But i'm kinda inclined to think what might actually be the biggest fit for Allen's skillset, is a bigger bodied guy with a big catch radius and enough speed to get decently downfield and run those deep outs all day.  And strong hands.  xD  To me, that's where Allens big arm is potentially special - in his ability to threaten the edges of a defense, way downfield.  To make "tight window" throws well downfield.  Whereas a lot of "weaker armed" QBs can find success just lofting deep ball go routes out there down the middle, where it sorta becomes more of a placement and touch thing, than the pure drive throws where Allens arm shines the most.  Can just cause so many headaches for a defense when you have to seriously defend all the way to the edges of the field deep like that.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Is that really gonna happen though?  Are AJ and Peterman really going to last the whole year while the shiny new franchise-saver sits on the bench with a clipboard and inactive designation?  Colour me skeptical on that.

One thing McDermott and Beane have said/shown/done is patience and sticking to their plan. I honestly believe they have zero intentions of playing Allen unless he is clearly on a different level as either guy and the Bills are in the hunt. Two things I don't see happening. Neither Beane or McD will listen to pressure from the fanbase to play him if that time comes.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

There is no middle ground with Allen though. He's either the best QB prospect or the worst. If Allen "hits," he's by far the top QB in the class and it probably wouldn't even be close.

Definitely a boom or bust guy and I agree, if it's boom, you probably have the best QB from this class. That is the risk you take!!! 

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The Bills are a playoff team and needed a "now" QB more than any team. Instead, they get the biggest 1st Round Project QB. The one guy who needs to sit for a couple years probably starts game one...

Well, that pretty well describes Brady as a prospect and that didn't turn out too badly!

42 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Well, that pretty well describes Brady as a prospect and that didn't turn out too badly!

Brady sat only one year but I do see your point. Allen needs two years more so than anyone in this draft of 1st Round QBs IMO.

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The Bills are a playoff team and needed a "now" QB more than any team

They may have made the playoffs but very few see them as playoff team again with questionable weapons, and holes on their defense that may or may not be filled.

I think 7 wins is their max.

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

There is no middle ground with Allen though. He's either the best QB prospect or the worst. If Allen "hits," he's by far the top QB in the class and it probably wouldn't even be close.

I get what you're saying for sure, but there is sort of a potential middleground though.  He could always end up like Jay Cutler who basically goes his entire career with wild fluctuations between good and terrible that sort of average out to "mediocre" overall.

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The Bills are a playoff team and needed a "now" QB more than any team. Instead, they get the biggest 1st Round Project QB. The one guy who needs to sit for a couple years probably starts game one...

LOL.  No.  The biggest project QB in the 1st round was Baker Mayfield.  He's undersized, unathletic, and came from an air raid offense.  Josh Allen on the other hand has plus size, good athleticism, and played in a pro-style offense his entire college career.  He's far more ready to play now than Mayfield or Darnold.

25 minutes ago, VanS said:

LOL.  No.  The biggest project QB in the 1st round was Baker Mayfield.  He's undersized, unathletic, and came from an air raid offense.  Josh Allen on the other hand has plus size, good athleticism, and played in a pro-style offense his entire college career.  He's far more ready to play now than Mayfield or Darnold.

Lulz.  I'm not sure you understand what project QB means.  It means you're toolsy, but in terms of projecting there's more questions that need to be asked.  Allen is the project QB, not Mayfield.

Player A: 4.75 40, 33.5" vertical, 9'11" broad, 6.9 3 cone
Player B: 4.84 40, 29" vertical, 9'3" broad, 7.0 3 cone

Player is Josh Allen, Player B is Baker Mayfield.  I'd really LOVE to know where you're drawing the line what is considered good athleticism, and what is athletic.  My guess is something like 4.8/30", 9'6", and 6.95 or something along those lines.  Neither one is a plus athlete, but calling Mayfield unathletic is a joke.

1 hour ago, VanS said:

Is he as ready as Dobbs?  IIBS

Archived