Josh Allen

Kiwibrown

drafting josh Allen  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Id draft Josh Allen

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Actually it's really not a bad thing, or at least not as bad as it is.  Certain programs just don't develop certain positions.  It goes back to more to scheme than the school itself.

I get there are other aspects to that mindset, but some guys translate and some don’t.  You can’t look at Purdue, Michigan,  Miami(Ohio),  Cal etc and just assume all are QB powerhouses because they have successful QBs in the league.  

20 hours ago, celestial said:

I take back what I said about Mayfield. Just watched him some tape on him again and he panics under pressure. The draft buzz got into my head. :S

Mayfield panics under pressure? He's the best QB in this draft under pressure.

Bills fans, be happy. Josh Allen is going to be a "hit" for you guys methinks. But you guys gotta get him a better group of receivers. It worries me who he's going to be throwing passes to.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Bills fans, be happy. Josh Allen is going to be a "hit" for you guys methinks. But you guys gotta get him a better group of receivers. It worries me who he's going to be throwing passes to.

Ideally he won't see the field at all this year anyway. Zay Jones should be better in year 2 and with better coaching. I like KB and hope a year in the system and healthy allows him to contribute and get a fair contract extension. 

If the Bills can add a true difference maker at the position or TE next off-season I think Allen will have the weapons he needs.

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Ideally he won't see the field at all this year anyway. Zay Jones should be better in year 2 and with better coaching. I like KB and hope a year in the system and healthy allows him to contribute and get a fair contract extension. 

If the Bills can add a true difference maker at the position or TE next off-season I think Allen will have the weapons he needs.

They need some sort of freak athlete to create mismatches. If the Bills still had Sammy Watkins (I know he underachieved), the Allen-Sammy combo would have been perfect. Get someone to tandem that massive arm talent with.

6 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

They need some sort of freak athlete to create mismatches. If the Bills still had Sammy Watkins (I know he underachieved), the Allen-Sammy combo would have been perfect. Get someone to tandem that massive arm talent with.

Agreed. No idea who though tbh. 

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Mayfield panics under legit pressure but he'll get better in time. Still think he'll be successful

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

In due time.... next year Bills will likely finish in the bottom 10 and will have a TON of money to spend.  Oh what's this?  OBJ is a FA in 2019?  

58 minutes ago, celestial said:

Mayfield panics under legit pressure but he'll get better in time. Still think he'll be successful

Panics? I have watched a metric F-ton of Mayfield and I haven't seen this yet. I mean, when pressure comes right into his face off of play action, he doesn't always get completions. But there's no QB that, in that same situation, would have been able to make a play. He's the best QB in the class under pressure because he knows how to manipulate the pocket and reset his feet. Plus he keeps his eyes down the field and doesn't lock on to targets like the other QB's do on the move. He's special in that regard. It's not an issue I have with Baker.

Darnold is probably the worst in the face of pressure. He was my top rated QB, but if you're looking to criticize a QB when pressure comes, look at Darnold. He will improve in that area as well I bet, but I don't buy the argument that this is something that should concern you with Baker. My only concern with Baker is his lack of height. That being said, he didn't have issues with this at all in college behind a massive OL, so I don't think it will be an issue in the NFL. Oh, and I don't know if he can play under center. That's a bit of a projection as well.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Well....well...... maybe, just maybe the Bills could reacquire Sammy Watkins, and give it another try! Guess if they offered a couple of future firsts for the guy, now that Josh Allen will be heaving passes in the late-season cold of Buffalo, perhaps The Sammy Watkins Story could be re-written! The Golden Dream may live again!

Image result for Sammy Watkins

18 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Cc: @BleedTheClock

AJ Brown and Devin Funchess 

I don't think either are really burners though. Funchess definitely isn't and Brown is more of a possession WR as well.  Diontae Johnson, Jonvea Johnson (both Toledo WR's), Ahmmon Richards, Parris Campbell, and especially Marquise Brown are all legitimate rip the top off your defense WR's. They don't need a great #1; they just need some semblance of a deep threat.

15 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think either are really burners though. Funchess definitely isn't and Brown is more of a possession WR as well.  Diontae Johnson, Jonvea Johnson (both Toledo WR's), Ahmmon Richards, Parris Campbell, and especially Marquise Brown are all legitimate rip the top off your defense WR's. They don't need a great #1; they just need some semblance of a deep threat.

Ted Gunn jr!!! Lol no but Marqueise Goodwin sounds like someone I’d like to have back right about now

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Ted Gunn jr!!! Lol no but Marqueise Goodwin sounds like someone I’d like to have back right about now

Yeah wtf...the Bills WR group from a few years ago had a lot of hidden gems. Chris Hogan, Marquise Goodwin, Deonte Thompson, Robert Woods, and Sammy Watkins have found pretty darn good success outside of the Bills organization.

Josh Allen is the opposite of Tyrod Taylor in every way. He's going to rocket the football down the field, whereas Tyrod was more of a dink n' dunk kind of passer that didn't take chances. We'll see if Benjamin/Zay are better in this kind of offense.

14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah wtf...the Bills WR group from a few years ago had a lot of hidden gems. Chris Hogan, Marquise Goodwin, Deonte Thompson, Robert Woods, and Sammy Watkins have found pretty darn good success outside of the Bills organization.

Josh Allen is the opposite of Tyrod Taylor in every way. He's going to rocket the football down the field, whereas Tyrod was more of a dink n' dunk kind of passer that didn't take chances. We'll see if Benjamin/Zay are better in this kind of offense.

Thompson was on our team last year so we will see how he does. Hogan i was heated when we let him walk, Woods i knew had potential, not like he showed last year though when he was great. Goodwin i was surprised about how good he was.

Archived