Who do you choose at 4? (No trade down option)

candyman93

Pick at 4  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you choose?

• Saquon Barkley
    • Bradley Chubb
    • Denzel Ward
    • Other player

First I vomit a little in my mouth because we selected Mr. Mediocre at 1 overall in a stacked draft, then I struggle.  It would be either Chubb or Barkley, to be fair, I want both some how.  Probably would choose Chubb though because I think he is better than other pass rush options at a more valueable position, and we have Duke and Hyde already at RB.  I want a 3 headed monster at DE of Chubb Garrett and Ogbah.

38 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I voted other(Baker Mayfield) because we screwed up the 1st pick. No sense in living with the mistake now take Baker and Sam can be a great backup.

I'd take Mayfield too, then sell to the highest bidder (assuming we like Darnold for us more).

14 minutes ago, bruceb said:

It would make the most sense, but it would suck.

I’m actually very fortunate that I can see both sides of conflict. I’m good with taking BPA or I also see the wisdom in trading down. Since the op states no trade down option the easy choice is Chubb. Why wouldn’t we be happy with two stud bookend DEs AND a really good 3rd rotational guy?  It’s how the Giants won. 

Now on top of it all?  We just got a franchise guy in Darnold. 

16 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I vote Brad Chubb, but we have talked Barkley down so much that what would our reaction be if we did take him at 4? Wasn' t that the dream scenario a while ago?

You’re right.

I just don’t think our GM will draft a RB that high. I’d be very happy with Barkley.

16 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Ward because if we dont take him Chicago takes him at 8. 

When EJ Gaines leaves next year, he will take over and shut down AB and AJ

With all we already have done to bolster the DB we do not to reach for a DB at 4.

Chubb.

34 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I vote Brad Chubb, but we have talked Barkley down so much that what would our reaction be if we did take him at 4? Wasn' t that the dream scenario a while ago?

Honestly?  I’d be ok with it. If he turns out to be great who cares where he was drafted?

This team has been so bereft at picking talent it would be lovely to actually strike it rich in the lifeblood of the nfl, drafting. Give me talent and I’ll find a way to use it. 

Archived