Pick two

Eric

Time to check out more film Eric. Skip ahead to 6:45 to see what we need more of!!

3 hours ago, Eric said:

Payne got whipped on double teams from what I saw, good player but not on Vea level. Just my opinion though. I just think 13 is to high to draft him 

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Payne got whipped on double teams from what I saw, good player but not on Vea level. Just my opinion though. I just think 13 is to high to draft him 

Try to remember the players they are doing things against. Yes Vea dominates against USC and teams with weaker OL. Payne went against a ton of draftable OL players and really opened things up for his teamates. Payne pushes the pocket better. Payne might not be as big but he plays with leverage much like Arron Donald. But his burst off the line is second too none for a man his size. I don’t dislike Vea I think he’s just alittle over blown and I hate the Nagta comps because their game is completely different.

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Edmunds is good, he could run free a lot because of Settle. Without having a solid nose in front of him I wonder if he will have same success with us. He makes splash plays, just not sure how consistent he is

I like Smith better but Edmounds is a freak!!! His instincts are off the charts.

Payne played real well in the playoffs, no doubt about it. He was the best player on field against Georgia and Clemson. He flashes in other games too but what I saw was the struggle against double teams more often than not. He is younger than Vea so that's a plus.

Don't get me wrong, Payne is good. Just bringing up discussion. I'd rather have Vita but won't be upset if we get Payne. Vea did play against Pac 12 but quite a few times teams would have 3 linemen focused on him too. It's crazy to watch.

I hope James or Fitzpatrick fall to us honestly. But it's probably a pipe dream that they fall and we actually take them.

I like that kid Deion Cain from Clemson too. I think he will be a good wr for whoever drafts him. I just want the draft here already  

8 hours ago, Eric said:

Payne played real well in the playoffs, no doubt about it. He was the best player on field against Georgia and Clemson. He flashes in other games too but what I saw was the struggle against double teams more often than not. He is younger than Vea so that's a plus.

Don't get me wrong, Payne is good. Just bringing up discussion. I'd rather have Vita but won't be upset if we get Payne. Vea did play against Pac 12 but quite a few times teams would have 3 linemen focused on him too. It's crazy to watch.

I hope James or Fitzpatrick fall to us honestly. But it's probably a pipe dream that they fall and we actually take them.

I like that kid Deion Cain from Clemson too. I think he will be a good wr for whoever drafts him. I just want the draft here already  

I thought at once Fitz was a pipe dream but apparently teams are down on him because like all Bama players this time of year they make holes in their games. I love Fitz and James. I think James is a upgrade over DJ. Fitz could play anywhere. Fitz reminds me of a bigger honey badger with I think alittle more pop. 

I would say almost all players have times where they struggle against double teams. My problem with Vea is the amount of times I’ve seen him struggle against one guy and good OL prospects. But I agree I’ve seen Payne struggle against double teams. But last year John Allen got doubled a lot!!! You add Payne and his initial burst to push the pocket with John and Matt and Ryan and Preston coming at a QB and I think your talking about something pretty special. Again I wouldn’t just stop with one Interior DL in this draft. We need a rotation!!! 

10 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I like Smith better but Edmounds is a freak!!! His instincts are off the charts.

Edmunds instincts? That might actually be the one thing he is currently average at best in. Being 19 and less experienced doesn't help. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Edmunds instincts? That might actually be the one thing he is currently average at best in. Being 19 and less experienced doesn't help. 

Man I tell you I’ve seen him be where the ball is as it gets there a bunch to me that’s instincts. He seems to always take the right lane or angle. Idk that was actually my first note on him was he always seems to take the right  lane to the ball and that he reacts instantly. I think Smiths are better because he actually calls the defense and seems to make excellent decisions. But I think Edmounds instincts are good. My not was reminds me of Bowman from San Fran on Edmounds

11 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Man I tell you I’ve seen him be where the ball is as it gets there a bunch to me that’s instincts. He seems to always take the right lane or angle. Idk that was actually my first note on him was he always seems to take the right  lane to the ball and that he reacts instantly. I think Smiths are better because he actually calls the defense and seems to make excellent decisions. But I think Edmounds instincts are good. My not was reminds me of Bowman from San Fran on Edmounds

That's more him relying on his natural gifts for bolded. He's got some work to do mentally - which is fine, that will come with more coaching. I just don't agree with the underlined at this time. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

That's more him relying on his natural gifts for bolded. He's got some work to do mentally - which is fine, that will come with more coaching. I just don't agree with the underlined at this time. 

Oh I meant like on sweeps and screens and just hitting the hole on a handoff and meeting the back as they get the ball. Sorry I didn’t explain it right

Archived