RIDE THE ROD!! ***DALLAS VS. LA RAMS GDT***

D82

8 minutes ago, project T.O said:

Gathers is a freak. 

He's no where near polished, but raw potential is scary and his size, speed and pure athleticism is gonna allow him to be a factor and contribute well before he's actually polished. 

If he can become a better all around player, Dak's going to have yet another weapon to the arsenal. 

1 minute ago, Desperado82 said:

If he can become a better all around player, Dak's going to have yet another weapon to the arsenal. 

Probably couldn't ask for a better mentor either. Witten is one of the best and smartest players to ever play TE and is about as polished as someone can be. 

If used in the right spots though the current Gathers is already plenty dangerous. 

Just now, project T.O said:

Probably couldn't ask for a better mentor either. Witten is one of the best and smartest players to ever play TE and is about as polished as someone can be. 

If used in the right spots though the current Gathers is already plenty dangerous. 

Hanna's career is pretty much over, right? Swaim is basically a blocking TE...so you'd have to get creative with Gathers if you didn't want to give away when you were planning on passing the ball...but yeah, I could see him being effective this season. 

The announcer said Gathers is 6'7", 290 lbs, and runs a 4.5.

That just isn't true.....

Gathers measured in just a tad above 6'6", 273 lbs, and was timed between 4.74-4.86 in the 40.

I don't understand why he would've put on 17 more lbs since he joined the Cowboys and if he did he would run like a 4.9 something.

Luke mcCown didn't inspire much confidence there. 

Say Rush was the best Qb for us tonight and by quite a margin. 

Edit the numbers on gathers seem inflated. But the eye test says he's pretty damn big and is much faster than his 4.8 40 would suggest. 

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Lots of draftniks were confused how he fell so far.

Indeed they were. His combination of athleticism/production is pretty unusual for a 6th rounder.

He had some really nice open field tackles tonight which is a good baseline for a rookie DB IMO.

No chance he's #2, but Cooper Rush > Moore/McCown.

Terrific game from Charlton...though I still don't know who was playing LT. 

Rico is going to be a weapon and have a significant role in passing game. 

DMC looked much better this week.

X. Woods was around ball all night. I like. Hitch too. 

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The announcer said Gathers is 6'7", 290 lbs, and runs a 4.5.

That just isn't true.....

Gathers measured in just a tad above 6'6", 273 lbs, and was timed between 4.74-4.86 in the 40.

I don't understand why he would've put on 17 more lbs since he joined the Cowboys and if he did he would run like a 4.9 something.

Listed on the team site as 6'6", 290lbs, FWIW

48 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Really hate that I don't have NFL Network to watch these games...

Nice to hear that Charlton got a sack and that Woods showed some flashes.

I have NFL Network but am choosing to start my boycott (re the Zeke impending suspension) now.  So my friend here is the question:  Will I be able to follow through with my boycott during the regular season?  It's one thing to say and another to do.

Archived