RIDE THE ROD!! ***DALLAS VS. LA RAMS GDT***

D82

I feel like Cooper Rush is going to have a really nice career as a backup in the league. I graduated from CMU before he really started there, but he's a super smart guy that should be perfect as a backup that acts as an additional coach and is capable of coming in and running the offense if the starter goes down. He rarely makes a bad read and although he does have a limited arm (kind of like Moore), he should be worth a roster spot for some time. 

3 hours ago, Dirk Gently said:

Listed on the team site as 6'6", 290lbs, FWIW

Do you think he is really almost 300 lbs? 

He obviously is big, but I'm not sure he is 290.

Either way he ain't running close to a 4.5 if he is 290 or the 273 lbs he was when he came out of college.

36 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Either way he ain't running close to a 4.5 if he is 290 or the 273 lbs he was when he came out of college.

Its not out of question that he could be 290. He was a bball player (typically much skinnier) who then spent 1 year in a weight training program. I bet he loses some of that mid season though. A lot of players check in bulked up after the summer but in season its more cardio and less weight training, so the lose some of the muscle/fat.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Its not out of question that he could be 290. He was a bball player (typically much skinnier) who then spent 1 year in a weight training program. I bet he loses some of that mid season though. A lot of players check in bulked up after the summer but in season its more cardio and less weight training, so the lose some of the muscle/fat.

Yeah, I know that.

I just don't understand why he would come in at 290 if he takes his job seriously.

He should be playing somewhere in the 260-270 range.

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I know that.

I just don't understand why he would come in at 290 if he takes his job seriously.

He should be playing somewhere in the 260-270 range.

Depends on if its a lean or fat 290. His biggest concern last year was he didnt know how to block. Perhaps the team/his solution was to bulk up and use strength to compensate for lack of technique.  This is 6'6 290 also:

9b37e82aa35fa896c8295822cce9b0ee--texans

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Depends on if its a lean or fat 290. His biggest concern last year was he didnt know how to block. Perhaps the team/his solution was to bulk up and use strength to compensate for lack of technique.  This is 6'6 290 also:

9b37e82aa35fa896c8295822cce9b0ee--texans

And... Watt ran a 4.91 at 290 lbs.

Rico would move much better in the 260-270 range is my point.

He should only be 290 lbs if he's trying to convert to being a OT or solely a blocking TE.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

And... Watt ran a 4.91 at 290 lbs.

Rico would move much better in the 260-270 range is my point.

He should only be 290 lbs if he's trying to convert to being a OT or solely a blocking TE.

Im not disagreeing with you. That said, Rico has looked fine speed wise so far this preseason. So assuming he is pushing 290, it hasnt turned him into a snail. 

I wouldn't look too into numbers. I'd pay more attention to how he looks on field and how he looks after a few games. 

In game he looked like a matchup nightmare and given some time to develop actual football skills it's hard to really see a ceiling on his potential. Of course all of that is still potential and right now he's done nothing in a real game. 

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think he is noticeably larger than the LBs and his speed is enough to put safeties in trail. And that is what matters.

Archived