Happy Easter 2 Rounds

zappa13004

8 hours ago, The OUTLAW said:

Browns trades make little sense I wouldnt' trade up for Connor and trading back makes no sense at all since they don't need more picks. 

You not, me i would, we'll see what Dorsey think. Coleman at LT ? I guess he should at least take someone early to compete. The trade back in the 2nd round is not a need you right but if go down 3 spots and get an extra pick why not ? 35 or 38 would not change much of the player interesting for the team. My opinion..

39 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i just dont see much reward trading down for just a 4th and i think with the guys we are bringing in for visits its looking alot like TE is round 1

And i'd prefer a TE than a WR ! Wasn't sure after ASJ signing than the team would use a TE that high but i'm all in for it.

6 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

And i would not understand why ? James is very good but Swearinger-Nicholson that is not bad right ? Vea looks dominant but Payne is dominant. Not a question of a Bama line full of talent, Payne is rock solid versus the run, move very well and can catch the QB.

Swearinger is good, and Nicholson has the potential to be great, but Nicholson is too injury prone for us to feel set at the safety position.  James would be a great get for us.  That would allow us to have a swiss army knife on defense who can play all over the place and then slide over to SS if Nicholson gets injured (moving Swearinger to FS).  Plus, he's BPA.

Vea is a better player than Payne IMO, and he is exactly what this team needs: a true NT who can play on all 3 downs.

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Swearinger is good, and Nicholson has the potential to be great, but Nicholson is too injury prone for us to feel set at the safety position.  James would be a great get for us.  That would allow us to have a swiss army knife on defense who can play all over the place and then slide over to SS if Nicholson gets injured (moving Swearinger to FS).  Plus, he's BPA.

Vea is a better player than Payne IMO, and he is exactly what this team needs: a true NT who can play on all 3 downs.

Thanks for that. And, i like Vea but Payne is underrated by many like "talent around him at Bama made him blabla" but i think he is really really good. He was rock solid for the Tide this season and i remember your Tomsula driving a drill at the combine and his face watching Payne was showing some "wow". Payne is for real. But i like Vea too, he is legit too.

9 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

And i would not understand why ? James is very good but Swearinger-Nicholson that is not bad right ? Vea looks dominant but Payne is dominant. Not a question of a Bama line full of talent, Payne is rock solid versus the run, move very well and can catch the QB.

Actually im with HTTR on this one i would take Vea all day long before Payne.  Payne has had 3 sacks his entire career to Vea's 15.  Vea had 39 pressures this year 4th most in NCAA.  finished 2nd in run defense rating.  I will say the only big thing Payne has over Vea is his age at 20 which gives him some nice upside he will grow even more into his body.   Still though 1 tackle for loss the entire season is a little worrisome for Payne last year.  I still think he will be a beast of a dT at the next level but he does have some work to do to catch up to Vea.

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Actually im with HTTR on this one i would take Vea all day long before Payne.  Payne has had 3 sacks his entire career to Vea's 15.  Vea had 39 pressures this year 4th most in NCAA.  finished 2nd in run defense rating.  I will say the only big thing Payne has over Vea is his age at 20 which gives him some nice upside he will grow even more into his body.   Still though 1 tackle for loss the entire season is a little worrisome for Payne last year.  I still think he will be a beast of a dT at the next level but he does have some work to do to catch up to Vea.

Okay. But...See a guy like Ronnie Harrison. He can do various things and do it well but next to him Fitzpatrick, Brown, Averett, Wallace and Thompson. Harrison could have done a better job but no need, not the room to. I'm sure he would have been better in a big12 or mid SEC team because of expanded role compared to his one in Bama. To me, same for Payne. I do not really look at his stat, i know he could have done better with less talent around like Raekwon Davis among others. Put Payne in Washington and man ! I do not mean Payne > Vea, not sure/don't know, i like Vea but stats aren't crucial for Payne to me, he moves very well and he knows the game too. But maybe its me ? Maybe i like him more than i should ?

55 minutes ago, atown703 said:

would rather have Jaire Alexander or OL at #24 than a WR. We signed a WR in FA and traded for one as well

Torrey Smith, euh okay. Pretty decent but not great. And who is that guy you traded for ? I think another receiver for Turner's air offense would not be a luxury pick. When you talk about Oline, are u referring to a G to replace Norwell as you would not believe in Moton ? Or more of a center to learn then replace Kalil in '19 ? A tackle ? The other Kalil has a nice contract right ? Williams' not bad from what i saw. 

11 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

And i'd prefer a TE than a WR ! Wasn't sure after ASJ signing than the team would use a TE that high but i'm all in for it.

i do think it isnt out of the question. we love running 2 te sets. we play football the old way where u ground and pound.  sutton i think would be my preference in round 1 and maybe slide into a TE/OL in round 2. 

18 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i do think it isnt out of the question. we love running 2 te sets. we play football the old way where u ground and pound.  sutton i think would be my preference in round 1 and maybe slide into a TE/OL in round 2. 

Mark Andrews was visiting the team right ? He could be there at the end of the 2nd round. Not a good blocker but Paul is good at that. Andrews would be a nice weapon to use for someone like Bortles.

On 4/1/2018 at 11:07 PM, DrawABlank said:

The trade value chart suggests getting a 6th back, which I would accept. I think we need to keep 5 top-200 picks, but with that stipulation, I would do it.

Problem with that is that in no way would the Ravens trade back 10 spots in the first for even trade value, they would only do it for overvalue, which the Falcons 2nd barely covers.

Archived