Chargers sign QB Geno Smith

TheKillerNacho

Ah, then! Geno Smith shall be granted another chance in the NFL, after all!

Doubtless this comes as exciting news to the Lone Voice who touted his man Geno, yea, these many months; he must have had some concerns that NFL GM's were deaf to his pleas, and would ignore his boy Geno, despite all the quarterback-needy teams there are out there. In this time of fiscal madness over QB contracts, Geno provides a relative-bargain option; the prize plum of an NFL starting job is back within his reach, given the age of the venerated Phillip Rivers, and the sole competition (at present) for the backup role being Cardale Jones, freighted with issues of his own.

Perhaps Geno will validate the faith and support shown for him in odd places, and re-emerge, at the least, as a viable NFL backup.

Fans of Geno Smith- Rejoice! It may not be over just yet!

Image result for Geno Smith

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I’m guessing we won’t be seeing Rivers benched this year on week 15 to see if Geno is the long term answer.  ?

Still you can do worse as a backup.   Esp if Cardale Jones is your backup.   

Kellen Clemens was Rivers' back-up prior to this; Cardale was the #3.  So, yes... very much the bolded.  VERY MUCH!

24 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Does this move make Rivers expendable?

I can tell you, Dinklage would shout a resounding "Yes!.....Yes!......YES!!!!!" He grew so passionate and so shrilly insistent in his pro-Geno arguments that I found myself wondering if Geno Smith were not the Second Coming after all! Now, if Geno does indeed render Phillip Rivers expendable, then maybe the Geno Hype Train was right!!!!!

Image result for Peter Dinklage

2 hours ago, tom cody said:

Got to think the Chargers draft a QB of the future soon. Rivers is 37 this year. Don't think Smith or Jones are the long term answer at QB. 

Yeah I think that'd be for the best. Chargers draft a QB rounds 1-3 and have Jones or Smith fight it out to be the #3 on the roster.

3 hours ago, tom cody said:

Got to think the Chargers draft a QB of the future soon. Rivers is 37 this year. Don't think Smith or Jones are the long term answer at QB. 

Maybe they'll keep them BOTH! Two exciting gunslingers at the helm of the San Diego, SORRY, Los Angeles Chargers!

Image result for Alias Smith and JonesImage result for Geno SmithImage result for Cardale Jones

Archived