Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cddolphin

Dolphins Forum QB Power-Ranking: #4

#4  

12 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is #4?

    • Josh Allen, Wyoming
    • Lamar Jackson, Louisville
    • Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
    • Luke Falk, Washington State
    • Kyle Lauletta, Richmond
      0


Recommended Posts

1. Josh Rosen, UCLA
2. Sam Darnold, USC
3. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

Who is #4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2018 at 11:58 AM, freak_of_nature said:

Didn't Marino have some accuracy issues his senior year that dropped him in the draft?

Rumors about drugs were the big thing with Marino, IIRC.  He did throw a fair amount of interceptions his final year at Pitt, but they weren't all that concerning to most, given how terrible his supporting cast was.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

None of the above, really. Wouldn't want any of these QBs unless its in the 3rd round or later.

That's not really the point of the exercise, it's just ranking your preference.

For discussion's sake though, I'd happily take Jackson in the 2nd. But not Allen or the other QBs listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

That's not really the point of the exercise, it's just ranking your preference.

For discussion's sake though, I'd happily take Jackson in the 2nd. But not Allen or the other QBs listed.

I hear you, I did vote Jackson.

I'd take Mason Rudolph before Allen tho, even in the mid rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Allen is 4.  He has accuracy issues and imo QBs don’t typically improve their accuracy from college to the pros but it is technically possible.  He has a tremendous arm and some coaches are going to fall in love with that and take him much earlier than he should be drafted.  He could be the best QB in this class after 2-3 years if he improves his accuracy, but I feel that’s a big “if”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I think Allen is 4.  He has accuracy issues and imo QBs don’t typically improve their accuracy from college to the pros but it is technically possible.  He has a tremendous arm and some coaches are going to fall in love with that and take him much earlier than he should be drafted.  He could be the best QB in this class after 2-3 years if he improves his accuracy, but I feel that’s a big “if”.

This is just one man's opinion but former QB Dan Orlovsky isn't a fan of his decision making on top of the accuracy problems:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most people would say Josh Allen, but even if Lamar Jackson has to work on being a more consistent passer, I can't pass on the play making ability. Josh Allen just screams red flag to me. But honestly by this part of the list I'd rather draft a different position in the first round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

But honestly by this part of the list I'd rather draft a different position in the first round. 

Round has nothing to do with it. This is just ranking our collective personal preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Round has nothing to do with it. This is just ranking our collective personal preference.

I know that. I meant by this point I think there's a drop off between QBs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lilseb93 said:

I know that. I meant by this point I think there's a drop off between QBs. 

Gotcha. I agree in that case. If Jackson were there with Miami's 2nd pick he'd be a good pick.. but he's the only QB left I would take in that round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Gotcha. I agree in that case. If Jackson were there with Miami's 2nd pick he'd be a good pick.. but he's the only QB left I would take in that round.

Agreed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, cddolphin said:

This is just one man's opinion but former QB Dan Orlovsky isn't a fan of his decision making on top of the accuracy problems:

 

I agree with that opinion.  I’ve seen videos of Allen making horrible decisions, some of these videos are actually supposed to be his highlights, like throwing into double and triple coverage when he has one or two other receivers wide open........he isn’t going to get away with that stuff in the NFL.  Nevertheless he does have huge potential and might be able to reach it if he goes to a team that isn’t QB needy this year or the next.  I think the same can be said for Lamar Jackson, but Jackson’s slight frame concerns me a little, especially since he is a blazing speedster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×