22. OL Alex Cappa, Humboldt State
  23. LB Lorenzo Carter, Georgia
  24. CB Parry Nickerson, Tulane

LOCAL VISITS

• EDGE Kemoko Turay, Rutgers
  • EDGE Jacob Martin, Temple
  • NT Folorunso Fatukasi, UConn
  • DL Jullian Taylor, Temple
  • DE Ebenezer Ogundeko, Tennessee State (from Brooklyn, NY)
  • TE Mike Gesicki, Penn State (from Lakewood, NJ)
  • DE Malachi Hoskins, University of Albany 
  • DL Sebastian Joseph, Rutgers 
  • RB Josh Hicks, Rutgers 
  • RB Robert Martin, Rutgers, 
  • QB Kyle Bolin, Rutgers 
  • WR Ben Guarino, Kean
  • TE Connor Davis, Stony Brook
  • OT Matt Diaz, Wagner 
  • WR Charlie Callinan, Boston College
  • RB Stacey Bedell, Stony Brook
  • C Alex Thompson, Monmouth 
  • DB Tyrice Beverette, Stony Brook
  • OT Jamar McGloster, Syracuse
  • CB Artrel Foster, Temple
  • DT Lord Hyeamang, Columbia 
  • RB Chase Edmonds, Fordham

UNCONFIRMED (visit or workout) 

• RB Ryan Green, Florida State

Maye came for a visit as well. Just looking at the list from 2017, we brought in a lot of DB's including our starting Safeties. We also drafted 4 DB's last year. So, at a minimum it'll tell us what positions will be a priority.

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Anyone know any correlation we’ve had in the past with prospects brought in for vists and the ones we have drafted?

We usually end up drafting a couple that visit. Last year Adams, Maye, Stringfellow (UDFA) all ended up with us. In 2016, Hackenberg, Victor Ochi (UDFA), Rashad Robinson (traded for this year) all visited. I forget if Darron Lee did... Leo and Petty visited us in 2015. There's definitely a heightened interest in some of these players. 

I think we're starting to see a shift in philosophy when it comes to Maccagnan's drafting, and it started last year. In years 1-2, Macc usually drafts the BPA in round 1, with R2-7 usually spent on current or future "need", with a specific role in mind for that player. Last year we went BPA pretty much throughout, and double-dipped at multiple positions (S, WR, CB). 

I think we'll see things flip a little more this year. We already know we're going "need" in round 1 (QB), which goes against what we've traditionally done, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us go BPA in rounds 3-7 regardless of position. I'm starting to feel like as much as I would love an EDGE rusher with that next pick, Macc won't reach on one... RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, EDGE, CB all positions that will be in play. 

36 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I think we're starting to see a shift in philosophy when it comes to Maccagnan's drafting, and it started last year. In years 1-2, Macc usually drafts the BPA in round 1, with R2-7 usually spent on current or future "need", with a specific role in mind for that player. Last year we went BPA pretty much throughout, and double-dipped at multiple positions (S, WR, CB). 

I think we'll see things flip a little more this year. We already know we're going "need" in round 1 (QB), which goes against what we've traditionally done, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us go BPA in rounds 3-7 regardless of position. I'm starting to feel like as much as I would love an EDGE rusher with that next pick, Macc won't reach on one... RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, EDGE, CB all positions that will be in play. 

Agreed. And there was a change in that pretty much every pick last draft were leaders for their respected NCAA teams.

Another player we've been linked to is Nyheim Hines, RB for NC State. Don't know if he'll come in for a visit, but he's the type of offensive weapon the Jets sought in Jerrick McKinnon. Jaylen Samuels, his teammate, offers position flex as well. Same goes for Martez Carter and Detrez Newsome (both visiting). 

On 4/2/2018 at 12:43 PM, Dr.O said:

Anyone know any correlation we’ve had in the past with prospects brought in for vists and the ones we have drafted?

Jets are 8 pct above the standard (20) last 6 years.  I just find out that pre draft visit means nothing as it is a "spy's cat and mouse" game.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/front-office/2017/06/30/effect-pre-draft-visit/

It has good breakdowns.

As for Jets and QB crap, with Allen out of picture at the moment, Jets could end up either 0 or 50 pct for 1st round according the OP's latest list.

I didn't get a chance to read the whole thing, but it looks like a great study. I'd say there's a 99% chance that our 1st round pick will be visiting. Allen, Mayfield, and Rosen are confirmed, and its still possible Darnold visits as well... when Maccagnan said they would not put Darnold through a private workout, that didn't exclude a Top 30 visit. 

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Jets hosted their Local Pro Day today. PSU TE Mike Gesicki was in attendance. 

Chad Kanoff has to be there. No excuse. lol.  Patriots held private workout for him. I get feeling that it will be Josh McDaniels' call on qb of the future as I figure Bill Belicheck will retire when Tom Brady is done.

Local pro day prospects updated. The guy we've shown the most interest in is Edmonds, whom we met at his pro day and combine as well. He's someone to keep an eye on considering our interest in Jerick McKinnon... very similar athletic profiles as well as playing styles

Archived