Predict your team's week one opponent

game3525

2 hours ago, MathMan said:

yep. gotta get those Browns there first win early for the #storyline

gotta start the year 3-0 against the Browns, Bengals, and insert team here that will later make the playoffs over us after literally throwing an entire game so that we crack the top 10 rankings!

14 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

49ers at Chargers on MNF 

49ers are a good candidate every year for the MNF double header game since they're on the west coast. Since they play the AFC West this year in addition to their own division, the Jimmy G hype, I'm already expecting the 49ers to be in primetime in that slot.

And, for the forty-seventh year in a row, the New York Giants will lose to the Dallas Cowboys on Monday or Sunday night at NRA and God Bless Amurrica Stadium so's the Giants start 0-1 and the Cowboys 1-0, getting the Giants off to their annual uphill start to the season!

The game also pits the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders against the High-Priced Uptown Hookers, which is all about half of you red-blooded American boys tune in for anyway:

Image result for Dallas Cowboys

Sadly, the Giants are furthered handicapped this year by no longer having the services of Geno Smith, whose career, as has been predicted in other areas, is about to finally take off, in this, his sixth season.........in Los Angeles.

Image result for Geno Smith

On a positive note, the Giants have added a past-his-peak and atrociously-overpaid Nate Solder to The Subway Turnstiles, their vaunted O-line; a 31-year-old running back; and Patrick Omameh to go along with Damien Mamma for their goal-line "Yo Mama!" blocking package.

Bring it on, Cowboys! The Giants are sort of ready for you!

22 hours ago, game3525 said:

I can't see them putting the Niners on Sunday Night against the Rams to open the season.  The league likes to either put an NFC East game in that spot or a high profile AFC vs NFC game. My money is on the Packers vs Patriots or Giants vs Cowboys on SNF. 

I don't know, man. There are a few things going for a match up like this in a marquee slot like SNF. I think the NFL is having a love affair with Los Angeles and would love for the rest of the country to as well. These are two young (by personnel, not franchise) "darling" west coast NFL teams (with young, up and coming QBs) that were pretty hot towards the end of last year. It's an old division rivalry the NFL would love to see renewed now that the Rams are back in LA. I mean, I can see it.

Not saying I am right. Just taking a guess. Nothing would surprise me less than being wrong on this. 

2 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

I don't know, man. There are a few things going for a match up like this in a marquee slot like SNF. I think the NFL is having a love affair with Los Angeles and would love for the rest of the country to as well. These are two young (by personnel, not franchise) "darling" west coast NFL teams (with young, up and coming QBs) that were pretty hot towards the end of last year. It's an old division rivalry the NFL would love to see renewed now that the Rams are back in LA. I mean, I can see it.

Not saying I am right. Just taking a guess. Nothing would surprise me less than being wrong on this. 

The Rams may be the talk of the league, but no one cares about the Niners at the moment (no offense Niner fans, they had a good off-season, but they were 6-10 last year). If the Rams are going to be on SNF, it would be against someone like GB IMO. (Rodgers first game back in a year and against the star-studded Ram's defense could bring in some eyeballs). 

On 4/3/2018 at 4:25 AM, I <3 Faulk said:

Would be great to have the Packers come to Los Angeles week 1

I'm guessing they'll save that one for November sweeps. The NFL is pimping LA real hard, week 1 probably isn't the best use of that match-up ( $$$)

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I'm guessing they'll save that one for November sweeps. The NFL is pimping LA real hard, week 1 probably isn't the best use of that match-up ( $$$)

Agreed. Better to have the Rams start off with someone who they are likely to beat instead of a coin flip

• 2 weeks later...

Archived