Catch phrase

onejayhawk

How would you describe this draft in a word of short phrase? 

Some examples from recent years: 

Topheavy

Deep, but not sexy

Big uglies

Speed

Lipstick on a pig

I'll let you figure which goes to which. What of 2018? Is it one to write home about, or is it five players deep?

J

37 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Not necessarily this year, but I always laugh at this one:

"Just a football player"

*Translation: He's a good football player with zero measurable athleticism/physical limitations

The thread is about labeling the draft class. Not scouting phrases.

Deep, but not sexy. I think all of the QBs leave something to be desired this year, though Trubisky wasn't all that good the year before. As prospects, I'd give a slight edge to Wentz and Goff, but not much. The last QB I had a much better grade on was Mariota, but that didn't turn out so well.

Many skill positions are deep into the 2nd and 3rd round, but there really aren't any premier guys save Barkley.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Deep, but not sexy. I think all of the QBs leave something to be desired this year, though Trubisky wasn't all that good the year before. As prospects, I'd give a slight edge to Wentz and Goff, but not much. The last QB I had a much better grade on was Mariota, but that didn't turn out so well.

Many skill positions are deep into the 2nd and 3rd round, but there really aren't any premier guys save Barkley.

Cannot see that one. Four to five first round QB is very sexy. 

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ron Jeremy's skill set?

2014 draft. Clowney was the first pick, but it was solid all through day 2.

4 hours ago, Counselor said:

Chubby

This is the right idea. Is there a better way to say it? How about

Lipstick and a girdle

J

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Cannot see that one. Four to five first round QB is very sexy. 

All of them are going to be very much overdrafted. None of them are spectacular prospects.

If we're talking about QB prospects in the last decade, no one this year is in the Top 10.

Archived