Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
packerjmf

Family Night Thread

Recommended Posts

Mason Crosby called it "a bad night." He missed six of 11 kicks in his first stadium experience with new holder Justin Vogel and new snapper Derek Hart. "Disappointed with the performance on all three of our parts," Crosby said. "It just wasn't clean."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fdemovsky_rob.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropRob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer
Edited by deltarich87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Camera work was terrible. Got a little better it seemed.

Commercials seemed to get progressively worse. But I was at a bar so whatever.

 

Holds looked fine but Reddit seems to have a lot of hold comments.

Truth be told there should be nothing much to take from this. The TEs all looked good.

Hate to jinx but our offense could go insanely well.

Sadly the defense has the questions. 

 

Also hitting double enter to double space is gonna be a hard habit to break...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CentralFC said:

Didn't even watch. Expected the stream to suck. So hard to get a read on anyone until the games start. 

 

That said, anyone there who has thoughts?

Stream was decent actually.

Kinda the gist?

You didn't miss anything bud.

 

Colt had a great play when he hurdled a pile of heroin but got hurt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will see what happens in preseason but right now, we still look very weak at CB outside of House and maybe Rollins. Gunter has been terrible. Randall has been close to terrible. King looks like his college tape (not great). 

Thankfully Rollins has looked better and House has been consistent. But to me its clear that CB is still out weakest position and I'm not sure TT did enough to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

We will see what happens in preseason but right now, we still look very weak at CB outside of House and maybe Rollins. Gunter has been terrible. Randall has been close to terrible. King looks like his college tape (not great). 

Thankfully Rollins has looked better and House has been consistent. But to me its clear that CB is still out weakest position and I'm not sure TT did enough to fix it.

Not sure I agree here, what more could he have done? Sure they could have added another free agent, but they invested 2 top picks a couple years ago, plus they added 2 guys this year to compete with King and House. Don't think the problem was he didn't do enough to fix it, just not really any strong showings except Rollins. Too early to tell if they are the weakest link imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm hopeful, but I doubt it's going to happen anytime in the near future.

Does GB and the Valley have the infrastructure and lodging to hold such an event?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

 

Man, hope dude's confidence isn't shot after being forced into a more expanded role last season that he wasn't suited for

This poor kid just doesn't have the speed to keep up.  I'll be surprised if he makes the final 53.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

 

I keep forgetting how big he is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Crosby can't hit anything.  I blame the holder.

I have heard Crosby was having a good camp.  Let's assume he was just getting all of those misses out of his system now.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Camera work was terrible. Got a little better it seemed.

Commercials seemed to get progressively worse. But I was at a bar so whatever.

 

Holds looked fine but Reddit seems to have a lot of hold comments.

Truth be told there should be nothing much to take from this. The TEs all looked good.

Hate to jinx but our offense could go insanely well.

Sadly the defense has the questions. 

 

Also hitting double enter to double space is gonna be a hard habit to break...

Usually the camera work on these scrimmages is poor - they miss a lot of the action and focus too much on the fans in the stands.  Was channel 26 in GB in charge of the video?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun little event. Still think we need some pre-season action with hits to figure out who is good enough. Shocked at the minor bit of negativity, lots of players are taking that next step that we need. And the offense should damn near be unstoppable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody else notice that 93 got into the backfield on a few plays. Think Reggie Gilbert is on his way to making the 53 especially with Fackrell struggling and Biegel misses reps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I have heard Crosby was having a good camp.  Let's assume he was just getting all of those misses out of his system now.  ;)

A few years back when they had first closed the bowl at Lambeau, wasn't Crosby also fairly dire at Family NIght,, and then went on to correct whatever the problem was and kicked just fine in the regular season?  I figure one of the points of Family Night is "see how this stuff goes in an actual NFL stadium."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×