Family Night Thread

packerjmf

Really not understanding the paranoia over the defensive line since Adams got hurt.  People seem to be completely and totally neglecting not only Dean Lowry, who came on very strong towards the end of the year, but also Kenny Clark, who also started to put it together towards the end of the year.  I guess some people just like to worry. 

Didn't watch live, but Lowry seems to have been impressive. All the cutups I've seen make it look like the offense could really come out on fire. Defense... we'll have to wait and see. I think with a little more time together they can shape up and this can be a 12-4 team by the end of the season. If the offense gets the right amount of reps in preseason and comes out ready to go, I'm not too worried.

Not sure I've seen anything like panic over the M-Adams injury.  As a RD3 rookie, Adams was likely destined for minimal snaps on game day.  The injury was unfortunate, but is not something that caused a significant change to what was planned for the defense heading into camp.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Not sure I've seen anything like panic over the M-Adams injury.  As a RD3 rookie, Adams was likely destined for minimal snaps on game day.  The injury was unfortunate, but is not something that caused a significant change to what was planned for the defense heading into camp.

Seriously.  It's lol'able.  Mike Daniels, RJF, Kenny Clark, Letroy Guion, Dean Lowry and more, and yet they're acting like a non-season ending injury to a third round rookie is somehow going to derail our defensive line.  Packer fandom is back. 

58 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Seriously.  It's lol'able.  Mike Daniels, RJF, Kenny Clark, Letroy Guion, Dean Lowry and more, and yet they're acting like a non-season ending injury to a third round rookie is somehow going to derail our defensive line.  Packer fandom is back. 

Like what was said above, not sure I've seen a single instance of this. Our DL depth is really solid. Price seems to be having a good camp too.

My biggest take away from Family Night was Jamal Williams taking on Morgan Burnett on back to back blitzes and stoned him pretty well. That will be seen in the film room I'm sure. He's far ahead of the rest in pass pro.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Like what was said above, not sure I've seen a single instance of this. Our DL depth is really solid. Price seems to be having a good camp too.

My biggest take away from Family Night was Jamal Williams taking on Morgan Burnett on back to back blitzes and stoned him pretty well. That will be seen in the film room I'm sure. He's far ahead of the rest in pass pro.

Wonder who makes it while Adams recovers and Giuon serves his suspension? Is Price the front runner?

4 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Really not understanding the paranoia over the defensive line since Adams got hurt.  People seem to be completely and totally neglecting not only Dean Lowry, who came on very strong towards the end of the year, but also Kenny Clark, who also started to put it together towards the end of the year.  I guess some people just like to worry. 

I think it's more a case of nobody wanting the shiny new toy to miss time.  Honestly, I think Adams wasn't going to get much in the way of significant snaps as a rookie.  Like you mentioned, we're relatively deep along the DL.  Between Mike Daniels and RJF, and the emergence of Kenny Clark and Dean Lowry we should be just fine.  And Letroy Guion will be back eventually.  Might be a bit thinner than you'd like early in the season.

Archived