First Try at this

Heavydan85

Here Is my really rough draft of a mock.  Looking for comments.  Also I am planning to make a mock draft game for me and my friends, and was wondering if others had suggestions on rules.  Currently I am thinking everyone picks 1-32, Team, Position, and Player and assign points to each (currently leaning towards 1 for position, 2 for team, and 3 for player...but new to this).  Also for those players with potentially 2 positions i am thinking of EDGE for DE/3-4 OLB, DL=4-3 DTs and all 3 spots on a 3-4, making oline 2 positions OG/OT and C/OG, maybe just Oline?  DB?

Pick Team Position Player
1 Browns QB Sam Darnold
2 Giants QB Josh Rosen
3 Jets QB Baker Mayfield
4 Bills* QB Josh Allen
5 Broncos OG Quenton Nelson
6 Colts DE Bradley Chubb
7 Buccaneers RB Saquon Barkley
8 Bears CB Denzel Ward
9 49ers OG Isaiah Wynn
10 Raiders S Minkah Fitzpatrick
11 Dolphins QB Lamar Jackson
12 Browns* DE Marcus Davenport
13 Redskins DT Vita Vea
14 Packers S Derwin James,
15 Eagles* WR Courtland Sutton
16 Ravens C James Daniels
17 Chargers LB Roquan Smith
18 Seahawks OG Will Hernandez
19 Cowboys OG Connor Williams
20 Lions DE Sam Hubbard
21 Bengals LB Tremaine Edmunds,
22 Browns* OT Mike McGlinchey
23 Rams WR Christian Kirk
24 Panthers WR D.J. Chark
25 Titans DT Taven Bryan
26 Falcons DT Da'Ron Payne
27 Saints QB Mason Rudolph
28 Steelers LB Rashaan Evans
29 Jaguars OT Orlando Brown
30 Browns* OT Kolton Miller
31 Patriots CB Josh Jackson
32 Eagles TE Dallas Goedert

* Bills trade with the Browns to move up, Arizona trades for Foles (not a huge Fan of that in retrospect I did this @like 4am lol), and Browns Trade up with the Vikings.

34 minutes ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

Zero chance Edmunds falls past 14 and Cowboys won’t take an OG first round

They have invested heavily in Oline, as far as draft position is considered, have really one weakness on the line, and he's relatively hometown talent.  I could see it.  

Don't see Elway passing on RB Barkley if that run on QB's goes as you suggest. Nelson is a solid prospect but hard to pass on an available impact player at #5. Chubb would also be a better option for the Broncos than Nelson

Yeah, most of the Cleveland Browns fans are not fans at all of Davenport, especially at 12. He is very raw and hasn't shown much other than explosiveness, which is nice but not worth it so high as a risk in my opinion. Give the Browns Edmunds at 12 would solve your issue of him going to high and also would improve the Browns pick.

Then you could give the Browns any combination of DJ Moore, Mike Hughes, and Harold Landry for picks 33 and 35. My guess in this scenario would be Landry at 33 and Hughes at 35, or you could even have us get all three by trading up number 64 if you have Moore falling into the mid second due to a deep class and the temptation of grabbing big receivers.

As far as the rest of the mock, most of it looks pretty realistic. A couple of players I don't see going in the first round are Sam Hubbard and Orlando Brown. I don't think Brown goes until at least the third round, and Hubbard is likely a second-round guy. I like the surprise pic of Isaiah win at number nine. He is going to be a beast, though he's mostly being mocked around pick 20 to 25 right now. I could totally see him going there on draft day if they like him.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Yeah, most of the Cleveland Browns fans are not fans at all of Davenport, especially at 12. He is very raw and hasn't shown much other than explosiveness, which is nice but not worth it so high as a risk in my opinion. Give the Browns Edmunds at 12 would solve your issue of him going to high and also would improve the Browns pick.

Then you could give the Browns any combination of DJ Moore, Mike Hughes, and Harold Landry for picks 33 and 35. My guess in this scenario would be Landry at 33 and Hughes at 35, or you could even have us get all three by trading up number 64 if you have Moore falling into the mid second due to a deep class and the temptation of grabbing big receivers.

As far as the rest of the mock, most of it looks pretty realistic. A couple of players I don't see going in the first round are Sam Hubbard and Orlando Brown. I don't think Brown goes until at least the third round, and Hubbard is likely a second-round guy. I like the surprise pic of Isaiah win at number nine. He is going to be a beast, though he's mostly being mocked around pick 20 to 25 right now. I could totally see him going there on draft day if they like him.

First off.  I like Davenport a lot even if you silly browns fans don't.  So he's likely going to someone in that range and DE>LB.  

I was lazy on trades, for my purposes only the picks in the first matter, so I didn't bother figuring what else would be needed.  But I would assume 33 would be used in the browns trade up...heck I love the browns draft IF everyone pans out (huge if) they'd have 4 of the like 5 most important positions figured out for a long time. QB, both OT (their interior oline is solid already), and both DEs set.

I'll probably have the bills trade up with someone else next time I do this.

I've seen Hubbard in the first in a significant number of mocks.  Brown is questionable.  A team could like his tape and the improvement from combine to pro-day enough...I also value Oline more than most lol

Again, more important than the mock, I am also wondering about opinions on a fantasy mock draft type scoring.  Never done one and wanted one that was simple.

I value the help on the draft and am taking everything into consideration, but setting up the rules comes before a final mock lol.

ok maybe not more important as much as more time sensitive.

Archived