Felony charges against Robby Anderson have been dropped

jetskid007

The additional charges always felt a bit light on evidence. A lot of hearsay. Unfortunately, he got persecuted in the court of public opinion. Doesn't surprise me that those charges got dropped. Fortunately for Anderson, the US still goes by the principal of innocent until proven guilty despite the media's attempt to flip the script. 

Driving recklessly is not disputable. He got clocked at 105 mphs. 

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Call me crazy but I was actually hoping he’d get suspended. I think he needs a good kick in the teeth to make him mature. If he’s getting off and doesn’t get suspended, I think this behavior will continue.

He will still get suspended actually.  This doesn't clear him of that.  1-2 games is still probable.

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't think this is good news at all. I'm tired of these guys getting in trouble then chargers dropped. I think he really needs a hard lesson like jail time/suspended from the NFL.

Why would you want him to get jail time when they can't prove he didn't anything worthy of jail time? Kind of harsh no?

The one thing I will say is that charges getting dropped help the Jets if they do look to move him. If anything, I think a trade wouldn't happen until TC... they need to see how Stewart and Hansen have developed, the health of Enunwa, and how Pryor assimilates before considering a trade. 

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

The one thing I will say is that charges getting dropped help the Jets if they do look to move him. If anything, I think a trade wouldn't happen until TC... they need to see how Stewart and Hansen have developed, the health of Enunwa, and how Pryor assimilates before considering a trade. 

Hansen is the one that has to show something. Being he’s the vertical threat.

48 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The additional charges always felt a bit light on evidence. A lot of hearsay. Unfortunately, he got persecuted in the court of public opinion. Doesn't surprise me that those charges got dropped. Fortunately for Anderson, the US still goes by the principal of innocent until proven guilty despite the media's attempt to flip the script. 

Driving recklessly is not disputable. He got clocked at 105 mphs. 

Couldn't agree more. Let the man live. 

31 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Wait, there’s Jet fans that think Robby deserves jail time? Good god.

Legit. It was the most egregious sack of crap I've laid my eyes on. Jets fans have chewed into our best offensive player worse than his mother probably did.

I doubt he gets suspended by the NFL for just this incident. The 2016 incident is still pending. If he gets charged with a similar offense on that incident, than I can see him getting two games by the league. Jared Allen got 2 games from 2 DUI arrest. 

The 2016 charges have some more serious offenses in there. So, those are TBD. 

Archived