Jordan Reed has "procedure done on his toes"

Woz

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/36152/if-healthy-jordan-reed-should-form-potent-connection-with-alex-smith

"Jordan's a special guy," Gruden said. "Not many tight ends can do what he can as far as running option routes across the middle and breaking people down and lining up on the outside and beating people deep. He's a special talent."

He just needs to be healthy.

After last season, the Redskins aren't quite sure when that will be. Reed played only six games last season as a fractured toe led to him compensating and then other issues with his leg and hip.

Gruden said Reed had a "procedure done on his toes ... hopefully we'll see a 100-percent healthy Jordan by training camp."

Norton.gif

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/jordan-reed/6714

Maybe instead of promoting a trade for Preston Smith, this team should trade Jordan Reed. 

He had a 91% chance of being injured last season, I am sure that has exponentially gone up this season, but the site won't have that data til May 2. 

I bet Jax would have loved to have him before they signed Sefarian Jenkins. Missed opportunities. 

18 minutes ago, mike23md said:

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/jordan-reed/6714

Maybe instead of promoting a trade for Preston Smith, this team should trade Jordan Reed. 

He had a 91% chance of being injured last season, I am sure that has exponentially gone up this season, but the site won't have that data til May 2. 

I bet Jax would have loved to have him before they signed Sefarian Jenkins. Missed opportunities. 

I believe I floated that idea in this very forum a few months ago.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Due to a "salary guaranteed for injury" of $8M in 2018. Oy. If there was ever a essentially an injury guarantee that was sure to hit, it would be that one.

After this year, though, his dead cap drops to $3.6M.

Right. What's done is done... so 1 more try for Reed. Maybe he'll surprise and be a beast this time. :) 

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Due to a "salary guaranteed for injury" of $8M in 2018. Oy. If there was ever a essentially an injury guarantee that was sure to hit, it would be that one.

After this year, though, his dead cap drops to $3.6M.

Yup. See my post above. If we are to trade him, it needs to be after this year. 

Just now, oldman9er said:

Right. What's done is done... so 1 more try for Reed. Maybe he'll surprise and be a beast this time. :) 

Oh he's a beast when healthy.

It's just the "when healthy" piece is becoming less and less common.

Just now, Woz said:

Oh he's a beast when healthy.

It's just the "when healthy" piece is becoming less and less common.

There was a 9% chance on him being healthy last year. 

Likely that goes down to less than 3% this year. 

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

Its funny cause the Pats are considering trading Gronk. Yet, the Skins have no interest in getting rid of talent that could net anything. He played 6 games last year and wont be ready until OTA's or beyond?

Well, we could move him, but we would have to be willing to accept eating a lot of dead cap. It's possible that the new team could take on some of his dead cap (since the vast majority of his guaranteed monies in 2018 is his salary)

Archived