Preseason Week 1 Buccaneers @ Bengals

MrCincinnati

Someone help me understand the "WJIII just played OK" comments.  I'm seeing it everywhere but didn't notice any negative plays from him other than giving up 1 catch.  For the number of snaps that he played giving up one catch isn't exactly a big deal IMO.

I did see some communication issues but I blame that on the LBs not him.  On the first drive, he switched off of Mike Evans and took the deep man who came into his zone (As I'm assuming he should have).  He pointed for someone else to rotate to Evans but no one did.

From what I did see, he tackled well and was pretty good in coverage...

Hey fellas! Happy that the first preseason game went about as expected with the young guys showing promise and luckily no bad injuries. The only thing on my wishlist is that somehow Hopkins or even Dielman uproot Bodine. Worried about every spot on the o line but if Bodine is as bad as he was last year it won't matter how the young tackles play.

1 hour ago, Futbudds said:

Hey fellas! Happy that the first preseason game went about as expected with the young guys showing promise and luckily no bad injuries. The only thing on my wishlist is that somehow Hopkins or even Dielman uproot Bodine. Worried about every spot on the o line but if Bodine is as bad as he was last year it won't matter how the young tackles play.

Made a new account?

Doesn't sound like it'll be Hopkins.  Looks like they have him penciled into the RG position.  Also doesn't look like Dielman is pressing him very hard.

2 hours ago, Futbudds said:

Westerman looked very solid the other night.  Put him at LG and slide Boling to C.

5 hours ago, theJ said:

Made a new account?

Doesn't sound like it'll be Hopkins.  Looks like they have him penciled into the RG position.  Also doesn't look like Dielman is pressing him very hard.

Didn't know if the newer account would switch over so just made another one with my old name.

i don't really see anybody starting over Bodine this year but he's the one player on the team I have zero faith in. 

Archived