2nd to None....Mock before Last

DaWg_LB.

Hotep Good Brothers,

I have been working hard trying to finalize my board.

I think I have finally got it down to where I want it to be...Please Comments and Critiques are welcome.

1rsrt-1 Sam Darnold QB

1rst-4 Bradley Chubb DE

2nd Orlando Brown LT

2nd Courtland Sutton WR

2nd Rashard Penny RB

4th Dane Crukshanks S/CB

5th Shaqueem Griffin ILB/OLB

6th PJ Hall DT

6th Leon Jacobs ILB/OLB/FB (I'm Torn here...with really wanting WR Richie James from Tenn St., but we need line backers badly)

Let me Know what you think.

21 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Hotep Good Brothers,

I think I have finally got it down to where I want it to be...Please Comments and Critiques are welcome.

1rsrt-1 Sam Darnold QB

1rst-4 Bradley Chubb DE

2nd Orlando Brown LT

2nd Courtland Sutton WR

2nd Rashard Penny RB

4th Dane Crukshanks S/CB

6th PJ Hall DT

6th Leon Jacobs ILB/OLB/FB (I'm Torn here...with really wanting WR Richie James from Tenn St., but we need line backers badly)

Well you drafted mr mediocre with the first overall pick in a loaded draft so it’s an automatic fail.  I like the Chubb Sutton and brown picks though.

34 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Hotep Good Brothers,

1rsrt-1 Sam Darnold QB

1rst-4 Bradley Chubb DE

2nd Orlando Brown LT

2nd Courtland Sutton WR

2nd Rashard Penny RB

4th Dane Crukshanks S/CB

6th PJ Hall DT

I LOVE Darnold and I'll be fine with Chubb (although my criticisms of him as an "elite" DE have been made known...I think he's solid but not elite but whatever), but I can't see a scenario where Zeus is a 2nd round kid at OT.

2 hours ago, dawgdish said:

I'd be very happy with Darnold. Chubb, Sutton, Penny, but think Orlando Brown would be a whiff in that spot.

I want brown in the 2nd badly.  I think he falls there due to the terrible combine.  I don’t know why he flubbed there but he put it on tape.  He would be a great replacement for Thomas.

54 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I want brown in the 2nd badly.  I think he falls there due to the terrible combine.  I don’t know why he flubbed there but he put it on tape.  He would be a great replacement for Thomas.

I would love to end up with Orlando Brown as well. The fact that he could clear some bad karma for his family by coming back to the Browns, as well as the familiarity of bringing the Blindside blocker for our franchise quarterback from college, makes it a perfect fit. That said, if I were a betting man, I would bet that he will with almost all certainty be there at pick 64 for us, if not later. I wouldn't want to use in any higher of a pick on him because he literally had the worst combine of all time. Really let that sink in, Dizzy. And yeah, I'm saying we use that to our advantage and get a great player at a value pick.

21 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

1rsrt-1 Sam Darnold QB

Excellent.

1rst-4 Bradley Chubb DE

A waste. I don't think Chubb is more than a solid starter and we already have 2 solid starters at DE--both of whom have more potential than Chubb IMO.

2nd Orlando Brown LT

Brown is going to be a RT. He's too slow to play LT. I love him as a prospect, but he doesn't fit on our team. I'd rather let Coleman play LT before trying to find 1 in this crap class.

2nd Courtland Sutton WR

Hate Sutton. He's big and fast in a straight line, but he doesn't create any separation and plays much smaller than his size indicates. I'd be pretty sawty.

2nd Rashard Penny RB

Man I hate Penny too! He's big and fast, but not powerful and has no shiftiness to his game. He's a 4th round type player to me.

4th Dane Crukshanks S/CB

Haven't watched him play, but we need another big rangy athlete in our secondary. Sounds good to me.

Great pick in this spot. I have a feeling he's going way sooner though, although this is typically where I see him mocked.

6th PJ Hall DT

Haven't watched the film on him yet, but from what I've read, he's got a nice skill set.

Never seen him play to be honest.

Overall, not a fan. I think that 2nd round is riddled with bad fits and overrated prospects. Plus I have never been a Bradley Chubb fan. He's average as can be to me.

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to comment and provide feedback.....

I am still working on a few things......for instance there is a huge debate in my head to take the CB Alexander from Louisville at the top of 2, and then draft the kid (left tackle) from NC A&T or the kid from West Georgia at the top of the 4.

I see Chub as the best defender in the draft......I could be wrong......but I have been dreaming of pumping up our passrush and "Overloading" a strength. It worked for the Giants......

I also see Coutland Sutton as the best WR in this entire draft class. I am not impressed by the kid from Alabama (I think he'll be good), my top 5 WR's in this draft are (1. Sutton (SMU) 2. Anthony Miller (Memphis) 3. Kristian Kirk (Tex AM) 4. Ridley (Ala) 5. St. Brown (ND) with Honorable mentions going to 6. Ritchie James MTSU and 6.b Michale Gallup Col St.......Trey Quinn from SMU I think is Wes Welker reincarnated)

Huge Fan of Shak Griff.....I think the hand thing is going to put him in the 3rd day of the draft......He reminds me of one of my boys I went to College with named Ron G., one of the coolest cats from NY you ever want to meet. We went to school together for 4 years and I NEVER noticed he only had one hand until our Sr. year in school......SERIOUSLY......so I think we benefit here.

PJ Hall I found late in the process, just a couple of weeks ago.....I saw a stat where a 6'1 DT blocked 14 kicks in his college career......made me think to find this kid.....then I saw some of his film....and then I saw the numbers from his pro day......if this kid is there in 6th, I will be AMAZED. This kid is a raw version of an Arron Donald clone......

Jacobs I didnt research until I saw his Combine numbers....after seeing some of his Wisc. tape, I think there are a lot of tools for Greg Williams to work with there. And the kid is mad versatile, playing DE, OLB, ILB and FB......this is the kind of kid the Patriots take with one of their 4th/5th round compensatory selections.

IMO, and this is after watching RB's HARD for the past 2 seasons....Penny is my #2 RB right behind Barkley.....

I am still working on setting my final draft board.

Archived