2nd to None....Mock before Last

DaWg_LB.

3 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I see Chub as the best defender in the draft......I could be wrong......but I have been dreaming of pumping up our passrush and "Overloading" a strength. It worked for the Giants......

I think Davenport is better and has much more upside. Chubb has no dominant pass rush move. Davenport bull rushes everyone into the QB and is a freak athlete that no doubt can develop a spin/swim/rip combo in time. Chubb is significantly better in the run game though, but we already have 2 DEs that can handle that. Anyone we draft will just be for extra pass rush, not to replace a starter IMO.

I am not impressed by the kid from Alabama (I think he'll be good), my top 5 WR's in this draft are (1. Sutton (SMU) 2. Anthony Miller (Memphis)

Why don’t you like Ridley? He’s fast, smooth, an elite route runner, and can RAC. His college QB was a piece of discarded fetal tissue. Ran a full route tred and played well against elite competition. Ridley is my WR #1 and the only WR i think deserves to go in the top 20. Anthony Miller is a STUD. Love him. My WR2 right now and honestly, I think he’s the safest WR in the class. Antonio Brown-like skill set with his route running prowess and catch radius for a smaller WR. 

IMO, and this is after watching RB's HARD for the past 2 seasons....Penny is my #2 RB right behind Barkley.....

Why is Penny so good? He has no vision, elusiveness, or power. He’s a big dude with receiving ability and homerun speed. Sounds great, but he isn’t gritty enough to run between the tackles with any consistency. 

15 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think Davenport is better and has much more upside. Chubb has no dominant pass rush move. Davenport bull rushes everyone into the QB and is a freak athlete that no doubt can develop a spin/swim/rip combo in time. Chubb is significantly better in the run game though, but we already have 2 DEs that can handle that. Anyone we draft will just be for extra pass rush, not to replace a starter IMO.

Why don’t you like Ridley? He’s fast, smooth, an elite route runner, and can RAC. His college QB was a piece of discarded fetal tissue. Ran a full route tred and played well against elite competition. Ridley is my WR #1 and the only WR i think deserves to go in the top 20. Anthony Miller is a STUD. Love him. My WR2 right now and honestly, I think he’s the safest WR in the class. Antonio Brown-like skill set with his route running prowess and catch radius for a smaller WR. 

Why is Penny so good? He has no vision, elusiveness, or power. He’s a big dude with receiving ability and homerun speed. Sounds great, but he isn’t gritty enough to run between the tackles with any consistency. 

Part 1, I am with you on concept of not replacing a starter and just beefing up the pass rush.....my first mocks had us taking a Passrusher at the top of the 2nd...so I get it. With ogbah and garret both dealing with injuries, I wanted a DE who can rush, stand up, put his hand in the dirt and play the run..in case he needs to start for 2-3 weeks. Davenport I have watched extensively...I think he will develop into a GOOD pass rusher (10.5 to 12.5 sack range) but he will GET ABUSED in the running game......IMO.  And Chubb is the most complete DE in this draft.....if I am going to wait and only draft help in the passrush, that will be a day 3 (Kid from Ole Miss, kid from Arkansas St....and a couple others I kinda like). I also see how the Giants overloaded the position and that model has shown it can be successfully used.

Ridley IMO is going to have trouble getting off the Jam in the Pro's. His production decreased every year (I understand he's playing with Dual Threat QB's), he will also turn 24 during his rookie season. I don't think he's going to be bad....I hope I am not conveying that thought. I watched a TON of WR's this year.....a couple other WR's I like this year are Allan Lazard (Iowa st), Simmie Cobbs Jr....I think while this WR class lacks the superstar power of a Julio Jones or a Calvin Johnson, this WR class is extremely deep to me.

As far as Running backs is concerned, we see two totally different players....IMO his vision is 2nd only to the kid from Auburn (who IMO has the best vision in the draft of backs) better than Barkley IMO (my only knock on him is lack of elite vision).....but when I see him, I see a big kid that made a ton of yards running between the tackles, with athleticism, good hands and enough vision to return as many KR/PR for TD's as Kristian Kirk did, he increased his production every year (averaging over 7 ypc his Jr and Sr years)....and he has EXTREMELY low mileage for a star RB, he has 200 less carries than Saquan....he has LESS than HALF the carries that Royce Freeman had in college....I wont try and change your mind, but take another quick peek. I've watched this kid the last two years and I think he's legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3IEEFb7seo

Hotep Good Brother,

I am Finalizing my Dream Draft Broad, with as close to the realm of possibility as it can be projected. After hearing that my Long Time Brother and Fellow Laborer for the Browns Cause has finally had enough and Jumped Shipped…..I wish him well while Holding out Hope that the Prodigal Son returns from the Far Country to once again Root on the team we have lived and died with for so many years. Now without Further adu

Day 1

Round 1

#1 Sam Darnold**, QB, USC
Height: 6-3. Weight: 221.

Simple selection here, we grab the QB with the most “It” Factor, as well as the best High Floor/High Upside combo in the draft. Young man shows leadership and has the Bloodlines to boot (His Gradfather was the Marlboro Man)

#4 Bradley Chubb, DE, N.C. State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 269

I know a lot of folks want Barkley here and I wouldn’t be mad if that was the pick. But since its my dream, I like the fact of playing to our strengths, which is defense, and now making the Dline an overloaded Monster IMO is one of the quickest ways to get this record on the right side of .500

Day 2

2nd Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
Height: 5-10. Weight: 224

Every year there are a couple of players that slip to the second round. I think, with the depth of the RB position, 6 QB’s going in the first round and lack of talent at the OT and DT/DE/Edge position, I think he is there at the top of round 2. Well not for long. We get the Backfield rebuilt here.

2nd Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
Height: 6-4. Weight: 218

With the 3rd selection of the 2nd round, we go and grab the kid who I personally think is the top WR in the NFL draft. He has size, speed, hands and body control. And we need to get our young QB a target.

2nd Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis
Height: 5-11. Weight: 201

With the last of our day 2 picks, we grab the kid who is my #2 WR in the draft. We still have holes in our WR corps, and with these two 2nd round selections we now round out our WR corps, with Gordon across from Sutton, with Landry in the slot. While Corey Coleman and Miller fight it out for snaps. I really like our young QB taking the field in 2019 with that WR corps…

Day 3

4th Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T
Height: 6-7. Weight: 303

Elite Tools for the position, 4 year starter and coached by former NFL lineman. We grab a kid to come in and add some competition to the LT job. I am excited to see what Shon Coleman does there, but having this kid behind him is not a bad move. I think he’s a small school tackle that could become dominant after he learns to make the adjustment to the competition level.

5th Dane Cruikshank, S/CB, Arizona
Height: 6-1. Weight: 209

There are 3 CB/S that excite me in this draft, the first two are Minkah and D.James, who both will be gone in the first 20 selections. Played outside CB as a Jr and had a rough season there. Came back as SR and played a safety role and IMO was AZ’s best defender. He went to the Sr. bowl and showed that he is ready to step back outside at CB, while having the size and mentality to play safety also, providing depth at both postions.

6th Genard Avery, ILB, Memphis
Height: 6-1. Weight: 255

This is a kid I saw while scouting Wr Miller, this kid is a very solid playmaker. He has great instincts for a MLB, the size to play SAM and the speed and mobility to play WILL. Number improved every season there.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/genard-avery-1.html

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/genard-avery?id=32462018-0002-5601-28e1-e2b71a3881c8

6th P.J. Hall, DT, Sam Houston
Height: 6-1. Weight: 310

One of the players in this draft I’ve been really liking since I found him late in the process a little over a Month ago. I think this kid is a baby Arron Donald, and would complete what could be one of the youngest and most talented Dline in the NFL from top to bottom.

On 4/3/2018 at 1:13 PM, DaWg_LB. said:

Hotep Good Brothers,

I have been working hard trying to finalize my board.

I think I have finally got it down to where I want it to be...Please Comments and Critiques are welcome.

1rsrt-1 Sam Darnold QB

1rst-4 Bradley Chubb DE

2nd Orlando Brown LT

2nd Courtland Sutton WR

2nd Rashard Penny RB

4th Dane Crukshanks S/CB

5th Shaqueem Griffin ILB/OLB

6th PJ Hall DT

6th Leon Jacobs ILB/OLB/FB (I'm Torn here...with really wanting WR Richie James from Tenn St., but we need line backers badly)

Let me Know what you think.

Replace Orlando Brown with literally any other Olineman or prospect...then sign me up ....love this mock draft.... hate Orlando Brown's tape but PJ Hall's a talented NT for sure...

On 4/14/2018 at 12:12 PM, brownie man said:

I cant get with either of those mocks

no corner

we need another corner 

bad

Cruikshank is a combo DB....able to play CB and S.....With the 3 guys brought in to play, Boddy-Callhoun looking like a keeper, last years 4th coming back (Howard Wilson), I dont see clear upgrades in this draft to what we already have...IMO Ward, Hughs, Alexander and Oliver are not seeing round 2....so unless were talking about getting Ward on the trade down from 4....I dont see a clear cut starting CB to come in and play.

On 4/3/2018 at 5:37 PM, NudeTayne said:

I would love to end up with Orlando Brown as well. The fact that he could clear some bad karma for his family by coming back to the Browns, as well as the familiarity of bringing the Blindside blocker for our franchise quarterback from college, makes it a perfect fit. That said, if I were a betting man, I would bet that he will with almost all certainty be there at pick 64 for us, if not later. I wouldn't want to use in any higher of a pick on him because he literally had the worst combine of all time. Really let that sink in, Dizzy. And yeah, I'm saying we use that to our advantage and get a great player at a value pick.

Yeah I was just about to respond to the Brown pick. If he is there at #64 then we take him. #33... not so much. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

On 4/4/2018 at 2:10 PM, DaWg_LB. said:

and then draft the kid (left tackle) from NC A&T or the kid from West Georgia at the top of the 4.

There simply is no help at OT in this draft class that is ready to step in. There are prospects who might develop, but no plug'n'play.

I ride with Shon Coleman and his return to his natural side. In 2017 PassPro he never approached the smooth movement at RT that he showed at LT at Auburn. If he's not seen as the longterm solution after this season, there's a helluve OT Draft Class coming in 2019.

Archived