It has begun- The Sports Talk about Odell to the Redskins

Doc Draper

I was wondering how long it would take for the Redskins to be linked to Odell. Whenever anyone looks for a foolish organization, they always come back to the Redskins. Ok here it is-

The Redskins trade the 13 this year and next year's #1 for Beckham. 

odellfight.0.gif

beckrage.0.gif

Twill new "best friend with connects"

hqdefault.jpg

Image result for odell beckham drunk

And Camelot will be Happy as they get a new rich customer

Image result for odell beckham stripper

Image result for odell beckham and drake

The good news is that the Rams seem to be the leading contender for him followed by the Browns since they have so many picks. Remember the new GM of the Giants is the same guy who cut Norman because he didn't want to pay him franchise money

For how much crap he gets, the guy is an amazing player who rarely does things off the field to get in trouble. He's had a slip up here or there but if you could get a talent like that at his age for only the 13th pick in the draft it's more then worth it. The issue would be the outrageously stupid contract you'd have to give him which all but renders this trade bunk. I'd never pay a receiver franchise level money. No chance.

"NO, NO, A THOUSAND TIMES NO
I'd rather see my blood spillin'
I'd do anything
Even sing 'God Save the Queen'
Than rather trade for that villain"

[with apologies to Eric Bogle]

So this could blow up even more considering the Rams just got Brandin Cooks from the Pats. 

I don't see the FO being as stupid as to trade away futures to the GIANTS, for a troublesome head case. Did we not just get rid of Su'a Cravens because he was a head case?

The train wreck would be fun to watch, but honestly, not sure my sanity level could handle watching this team be completely ignorant to any structure of building a team. 

16 hours ago, Woz said:

"NO, NO, A THOUSAND TIMES NO
I'd rather see my blood spillin'
I'd do anything
Even sing 'God Save the Queen'
Than rather trade for that villain"

[with apologies to Eric Bogle]

Whoa whoa whoa whoa

Let's not say things that we can't take back. I ain't never gonna say god save the queen. Unless we talking about the band queen. And even then, that ship is sailed. Like England's tea the damn harbor.

I would certainly entertain a trade for Beckham, you just can’t match his ability on the field. The problem is obviously he’s not mature. Then, there’s the problem that we don’t have much salary cap room to give him the extension he wants. 

We certainly could cut McClain or McGee post June 1st to make some move and Vernon Davis but I don’t want to cut Davis given Reed’s injury history. Hopefully if it came down to it, Davis would take a pay cut to stay.

We could create $5M more cap space if we cut McGee and designate McClain as a June 1st cap hit. 

That would leave us about $15M in cap room - subtracting $7M for draft picks - to give Beckham a contract extension post June 1st.

I doubt this happens though as we just signed Paul Richardson and obviously have Doctson and Crowder and want to give Doctson every opportunity to develop into our #1 wr. 

52 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Honestly I’d take him but you know NY ain’t letting him stay in this decision so thisis all pointless

The Giants apparently treated Beckham like a franchised player - which they should - and asked for two first round picks in return for Beckham and an NFC team said no - my guess is that team was the Rams. After the Rams were reportedly in the hunt to get Beckham, they trade a 1st for Brandin Cooks.

Archived