19 members have voted

1. 1. With the 9th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select

• Derwin James, S - Florida State
    • Roquan Smith, LB - Georgia
    • Tremaine Edmunds, LB - Virginia Tech
    • Calvin Ridley, WR - Alabama
    • Connor Williams, OL - Texas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/2018 at 05:00 PM

1. Cleveland - Sam Darnold, QB - USC

2. New York Giants - Josh Rosen, QB - UCLA

3. New York Jets - Baker Mayfield, QB - Oklahoma

4. Cleveland - Saquon Barkley, RB - Penn St. 

5. Denver - Quentin Nelson, OG - Notre Dame

6. Indianapolis - Bradley Chubb, DE - NC State

7. Tampa Bay - Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB - Alabama

8. Chicago - Denzel Ward, CB - Ohio State

9. San Francisco - 

I went with Roquan Smith. The 49ers may be without last year’s 1st round pick, Rueben Foster, but even if Foster is back, teaming Foster and Smith on the inside of that 3-4 defense would be outstanding. And when you face running backs like Todd Gurley and David Johnson twice a year, plus Seattle’s propensity for running the ball, having a strong and fast front seven is essential. 

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I went with Roquan Smith. The 49ers may be without last year’s 1st round pick, Rueben Foster, but even if Foster is back, teaming Foster and Smith on the inside of that 3-4 defense would be outstanding. And when you face running backs like Todd Gurley and David Johnson twice a year, plus Seattle’s propensity for running the ball, having a strong and fast front seven is essential. 

Ditto, at least a replacement for Foster...or a great tandem. 

Don't the 49ers now run a 4-3? Anyways, I'm sure they'd be ecstatic with both Smith and Edmunds available, I'm torn. With that being said I'm leaning towards Edmunds, he'll turn 20 just after the draft O.o (I know Smith will turn 21 shortly after as well). 

11 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Don't the 49ers now run a 4-3? Anyways, I'm sure they'd be ecstatic with both Smith and Edmunds available, I'm torn. With that being said I'm leaning towards Edmunds, he'll turn 20 just after the draft O.o (I know Smith will turn 21 shortly after as well). 

Yes, they run a 4-3, which would put either Smith or Edmunds on the outside, instead of the inside as they would be in a 3-4.  They can't go wrong with either, but I chose Edmunds as I think he has a higher ceiling.  

Archived