20. Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
  21. Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
  22. D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
  23. Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia
  24. Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
  25. James Daniel, OL, Iowa
  26. Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP
  27. Cortland Sutton, WR, SMU

Sutton ahead of Key? Man this board is just all over the place from #4 on. 

Imo, Sutton is one hell of a prospect. My favorite talent at a skill position in this draft. But hes a tremendous risk, with way too much work to do before he pays off. Key is similar, but his athleticism off the edge will still have him contributing early in his career. Whereas outside of the occasional Brice Butler/Josh Doctson blind toss up deep, I cant see Sutton being much of a factor for at least a year or two. Route running and timing is too important in the NFL.

1 hour ago, couchscout said:

went with Evans.. Not a fan of Key with the off field issues, the reported 4.85 40 and dip in production I prefer to avoid all the red flags this early

And Joey Bosa clocked a 4.86. I couldn't care any less about how fast OL/DL can run 40 yards unobstructed. The 5 yard dash is much more important. He has the sack record at LSU, and the off field issues(that had nothing to do with cops or drugs) were almost a year ago. 

Harold Landry 2017:

8 games

8.5 TFL

5 sacks

Arden Key 2017

8 games

5.5 TFL 

4 sacks

And Key was completely away from the team for 4 months. No practice. No tape. No meetings. No nothing. And he was still able to rival numbers from the guy who is #15 on our board

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

And Joey Bosa clocked a 4.86. I couldn't care any less about how fast OL/DL can run 40 yards unobstructed. The 5 yard dash is much more important. He has the sack record at LSU, and the off field issues(that had nothing to do with cops or drugs) were almost a year ago. 

Arden Key weighs 238 lbs so comparing his 40 and Bosa is not quite fair... 4.86 @ 238 is scary...what kind of athlete will he be once he is playing @ 260 .. The 7.16 three cone is not terrible but you'd like see that under 7

Landry was not healthy all year which is what lead to his dip in production

31 minutes ago, couchscout said:

Arden Key weighs 238 lbs so comparing his 40 and Bosa is not quite fair... 4.86 @ 238 is scary...what kind of athlete will he be once he is playing @ 260 .. The 7.16 three cone is not terrible but you'd like see that under 7

Landry was not healthy all year which is what lead to his dip in production

All his times are better than Tacos, and his 40 is that of Bosa. His wing span is one of the longest in the class regardless of position. Yes he only weighed in at 238 but he was playing at 270 when he came back, and it can take some time before your speed returns when you drop that much weight(if it ever returns).

The point still stands that the 40 is unimportant to OL/DL. 

I don't think Key is a top 15 talent. But here at 28 we are getting close to where he should go.

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I don't think Key is a top 15 talent. But here at 28 we are getting close to where he should go

I actually believe he is really talented so I won't argue about him as a top 35 player but not my preference here

Key is all potential. Anf a lot of it. If you draft him high expecting an immediate boost to your rush, you are mistaken. But the amount of potential and athleticism - either at 235 in two point or 260 in three point - wont matter. He is raw and needs a lot of teaching. But he is absolutely the kind of kid you want to try and teach - fast, rangey, long arms, puts in second effort, good in pursuit, and has a nice first step. The rest can be taught. Those things cannot be. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

His first step is great. It's hard to find tape of him last year with his hand on the ground but when you do he is quick off the snap.

we're at 28 which is Taco territory so obviously this player have warts... My questions would be your picking 28 and Key is available do you feeling comfortable turning the card in?

23 minutes ago, couchscout said:

we're at 28 which is Taco territory so obviously this player have warts... My questions would be your picking 28 and Key is available do you feeling comfortable turning the card in?

This about the range we got Taco or Byron Jones. So if that's the bar then yes. Key, at least, has a higher ceiling than both. Taco, will never be a 14 sack/year guy. Key may not either but at least he has that kind of potential. 

It would also depend on who else is there, but if the board sits as it does now then Guice/Key are my BPAs and I go edge over RB every time.

Archived