Sign in to follow this  
y2lamanaki

Malcolm Smith - Out for Season with Torn Pectoral

5 posts in this topic

y2lamanaki    21

Seems like a lot of people have been of the opinion that this is a bigger blow than we realize. Certainly we all wanted to see Foster, but it sounds like Smith could have been very good in this scheme. Jones also retweeted this one from April: 

48 1/2ers    6

Feel bad for Malcom Smith, I think he would have had a big impact on the squad in a lot of ways. I'm pretty surprised its a season ending injury, at least it wont affect his career like a knee or shoulder could. 

Gotta say I'm pretty excited to see more Foster now, I wonder if theres any chance Bowman moves to WILL since I know Foster was working at Mike with the 2's. 

y2lamanaki    21

I feel bad for him as well. Better this year than next, I suppose. But we all have more Foster to look forward to now. 

As for Bowman at the WILL...I think I'd rather him in the middle with Foster/Ray-Ray at WILL. 

48 1/2ers    6

Luke Kuechly plays Mike and Thomas Davis I believe plays WILL, I can see that combo with Foster and Bow. 

PapaShogun    5
Posted (edited)

Unfortunate for Malcon Smith, but it was probably better if Foster saw the field more anyway. Even as a rookie. I think Smith is what he was at this point, which from what I hear wasn't very good at all. Maybe could have had a decent role on special teams, but he shouldn't be starting. 

Edited by PapaShogun