Patriots trade WR Brandon Cooks to Rams

49erurtaza

Patriots have to be angling for somebody.  ODB or somebody.  Cooks just had 16.6 yards per reception on 65 catches.  That's an insane number.  They can't be dumping their best receiver without planning on adding a different one. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Is Cooks worth a 1? That seems like an overpay bby Snead and Co.

He's been worth it twice now. So I'm guessing the NFL likes him more than some of the people on this board. 

There's no way the Giants could take less than 2 firsts for OBJ now lol

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

So wait...the Pats trade pick 32 and 15 spot swap of picks in the 3rd / 4th round to the Saints for Brandin Cooks on the last year of his rookie deal making less than 800K with a second year of team control. Cooks' salary is now 8.5 million, no additional years left of team control without the franchise tag, and somehow his value appreciated based the value between 32 and 23 being higher than the difference between 103 to 118 last year + a 4th for a 6th this year. 

Pats aren't stupid, they know what they're doing. I felt like we got a good deal (considering Cooks was a player that didn't want to be here especially) but Pats did even better. 

I don't think Cooks is *that* good anyways, so even better trade for NE. 

Just now, Forge said:

He's been worth it twice now. So I'm guessing the NFL likes him more than some of the people on this board. 

There's no way the Giants could take less than 2 firsts for OBJ now lol

Seems ridiculous I guess. I like Cooks, but for what teams are giving up I would want him to be truly dominate which he's not. 

The NFC playoffs are going to be awesome to watch. Philly, LAR, and Minny are going to go at it. Then you can't count out the great Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees. You also have the Falcons and Panthers. If the 49ers are also for real, dang. Somebody has to miss the playoffs.

Archived