Patriots trade WR Brandon Cooks to Rams

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Awful trade for the Rams. They could’ve kept Sammy Watkins and used that pick on a LB/EDGE player, which is a major need for them. 

Good point. Interesting to see how the Rams address their LB spots

Pats traded Cooks because there was no way they were giving him a contract. Would they trade 2 1sts and give OBJ a huge contract? Doubtful. 

NE offense was fine. Their defense was awful. Should have stayed the course with Cooks. You have to believe they are going after a QBotF if not now then soon. 

This is why we did this. Our WR picks the last few years:

Brian Quick

Tavon Austin

Steadman Bailey

Bud Sasser

Pharroh Cooper

Cooper Kupp

Josh Reynolds.

Kupp is the only one who really showed anything worth of note. Not exactly doing a good job with the position in the draft. 

12 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I don't get why the Rams didn't just sign Watkins, they definitely could afford him now and I'm sure ship him off in a few years when they need more room if he disappoints? I'm probably in the minority but Cooks is only a marginally better WR at this juncture. If they wanted a speedster on the outside, I think sticking with Sammy would have been wiser. Give Goff time to build a repertoire with his WRs.

You probably are there.  Cooks is way more consistent than Watkins. 

Just now, bananabucket said:

Why are the Rams so impatient?  They're behaving like they have an aging QB and a closing window.

They probably want to try and win while they have their best players on cheap contracts.

3 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Why are the Rams so impatient?  They're behaving like they have an aging QB and a closing window.

The Howie Roseman plan. Load up before the QB takes up 30% of your cap space. 

Archived