Patriots trade Brandin Cooks to the Rams

1ForTheThumb

1 hour ago, The Third Rider said:

Did not see this coming at all but the value is hard to pass up. Do we get a LT with that pick?

If it’s Connor WIlliams. I still believe in Tony Garcia but think williams could be great. 

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Crazy move. Can’t argue with the return - essentially #32 last year and a 4th for one season of 1,000+ yards, #23 overall, and a 6th. It’s a fair trade. 

I still wish we kept him because I like him a lot, but can’t argue the return. 

A Edelman-Hogan-Mitchell WR core has lots of question marks.

Jacoby Brissett will not be traded for nothing. Dorsett is a future player for the Patriots. He came alive towards the end of 2017. I think Brady and the rest of the team like Dorsett's potential quite a bit.

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I have no opinion on this yet. I feel like something else is brewing. 

Yeah, a first round quarterback.

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @AllbrightNFL: Just got a text about the Patriots and interest in Josh Rosen... whew.

No. I'll just assume this is a smokescreen.

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I would hope not.

3 hours ago, dhunt2402 said:

I approve. Writing on the wall with him being a FA and quite honestly not worth the $15M+ per year he'll get on the open market. Good player, great guy by all accounts, wish him nothing but the best. Hopefully they use these picks well.

I am confusion.

25 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Jacoby Brissett will not be traded for nothing. Dorsett is a future player for the Patriots. He came alive towards the end of 2017. I think Brady and the rest of the team like Dorsett's potential quite a bit.

When exactly did he come alive? 

The Brissett trade was a bad one IMO. 

7 minutes ago, IheartMyV8 said:

So this bumps us into the 15M cap space range?  

A little over.

I am going full NBT on this one. Ahem... let me just prepare myself... spray on some tan... channel my inner Jude Law into supreme confidence... ok here we go.

THIS PROVES IT. FINALLY BB THROWS HIS FAITH IN THE HAMMY's!

BB knows Cooks couldn't hold a candle to the freak that is Corderelle Patterson. He know's Cooks isn't making that Moss like catch. He knows Cooks doesn't have an ounce of the potential CP has in his pinky alone. ALL ABOARD THE CP TRAIN to the HALL. OF. FAME.

Leggo

I called it before the Superbowl. Made no sense to keep him when a team would be willing to give up good value for him. Great move, I like the player but he is just a luxury. Brady/Patriots don't need him, he isnt a game winner, hes a nice player to have for a couple deep shots a game but other than that hes shown to be pretty average.

To all those thinking the Pats are gonna go get Odell I think you're gonna be disappointed. What they do from now (in my opinion) won't be sexy. They'll pay Gronk what they have to, Brady will re-do his contract and I think they will go to the draft with using that pick as their plan A. If plan B comes up (a player becomes available at the draft) we'll see. But they still need some more fast/skilled players on D and a good left tackle. Gonna be an interesting few weeks. All the best to Cooks in LA, real nice guy, good teammate just was a bit of a square peg in a round hole here.

Shocked to wake up to this news. But excited for draft day now. There's the whole potential to move up for a QB, the OBJ thing, or we could just draft an OT and a LB and go back to being really boring and functional again. xD

3 hours ago, TomRalph said:

Also, its BRANDIN, not BRANDON

Hand up, on me. The creation of this thread was a mess all around.

Suddenly, I'm way more excited about this draft. 2 1sts and 2 2nds. Hope those are spent on adding some speed and youth to this defense.

The top 3 WRs heading into 2018 are Edelman who will be 32 coming off an acl injury, Hogan who will be 31 missed most of the last year and is a career JAG and Mitchell who missed all of last year and had a mediocre rookie season 2 years ago.

40 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The top 3 WRs heading into 2018 are Edelman who will be 32 coming off an acl injury, Hogan who will be 31 missed most of the last year and is a career JAG and Mitchell who missed all of last year and had a mediocre rookie season 2 years ago.

Should factor in Gronkowski, White and Burkhead if we're talking pass catchers. I'm in agreement though, the WR corps is very risky at the moment. They must see something in Dorset that I don't.

Archived