Patriots trade Brandin Cooks to the Rams

1ForTheThumb

@CP3MVP Don't forget Dorsett and Cordarelle Patterson. I can see why both are considered afterthoughts, but I think the depth is okay. I am not concerned about the offense being productive.

It's just questions like will Jeremy Hill step up if running the football becomes a focal point? Will everybody stay relatively healthy long enough into the post-season? Usually these things work out in their favor.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

@CP3MVP Don't forget Dorsett and Cordarelle Patterson. I can see why both are considered afterthoughts, but I think the depth is okay. I am not concerned about the offense being productive.

It's just questions like will Jeremy Hill step up if running the football becomes a focal point? Will everybody stay relatively healthy long enough into the post-season? Usually these things work out in their favor.

Both those guys are busts and have done absolutely nothing in their careers to be relied on as WRs.

23 minutes ago, dhunt2402 said:

Strong chance one of the 1st/2nd rounders is spent on a receiver IMO. I really like this class

Me too. Although I don't expect a receiver to be picked in the first or second, I think there is a good chance. To me, the "receiver" will be Mark Andrews, who converted to tight end and is the best slot player in the draft IMO.

Bill Belichick and the Patriots are now firmly in the market for a QB in the 2018 NFL Draft By Jason La Canfora

A member of the Patriots' organization told La Canfora he would "certainly not" be surprised if the Cooks trade was made to acquire more ammo to move up in the draft. It seems weird that he got info directly from someone within the club, but it sounds like he isnt a guy remotely close to the decision makers. Jason guesses that Mayfield would be the target. 

If we're moving up for a QB (and I can all but guarantee you that is far from the #1 plan), it'd better be for Rosen or Mayfield. I wouldn't be surprised if BB says we're only trading up for a QB if someone like that falls to the 5-10 range, not gonna mess around with the draft capital it'll take to get up into the top 5 or 3.

1 hour ago, TomRalph said:

We've signed Troy Niklas, TE from Notre Dame who was drafted in the 2nd Round by Arizona in 2014.

Let's try and avoid multiple conversations about the same thing in different threads. If someone gets signed, start a thread. There is no reason to post it in an existing thread. We want more threads, more more more more more

11 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’d be pissed about losing all that draft capitol to move up, but I do love me some Baker. 

I don't think it would take all that much to move up for Mayfield. The hype seem to have become very calm around him and he was frogleaped by Josh Allen as QB3 (whether this was justified is another question) on most big boards and probably even by Lamar Jackson.

Archived