Brandin Cooks traded to Rams

RamRod

1 hour ago, chris00cm said:

Younger than Cooper Kupp. Only 9 months older than Calvin Ridley. This matters.

Now, the question is how we feed all these WRs. Good problem to have. I'd love for Kupp and Cooks to both get 120+ targets. Woods getting 100 to 125 targets would also be great. Guess we gotta pass the ball more this year lol.

29 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Now, the question is how we feed all these WRs. Good problem to have. I'd love for Kupp and Cooks to both get 120+ targets. Woods getting 100 to 125 targets would also be great. Guess we gotta pass the ball more this year lol.

And we cannot forget, at least 70 targets for Everett.

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I would imagine we do throw it a bit more, but I wouldnt say it will be a crazy amount more. The 500+ range will be likely for 2018. Id say the biggest drop in targets will be Todd Gurley. He had 64 catches last year, Im not sure he gets even that many targets this season.

• Cooks - 110 tgts
  • Woods - 100 tgts
  • Kupp - 90 tgts
  • Gurley 60 tgts
  • Everette/Higbee - 60 tgts
  • Austin/Reynolds/Cooper - 70 tgts
  • Other - 30 tgts

That feels like the type of spread we could see for 2018. Depending on how much Austin is part of the game plan, that groups number could be lower, But I could see him getting 20 targets out of the backfield alone this year. Also, if the TEs dont produce like they should (as this offense is designed for them) that number could drop off as well and go elsewhere. I would predict Todd getting 30 less targets, but 20 more carries.

As for the future, assuming we sign Cooks long term, and Kupp continues to develop, ths could be Woods last season in LA. Yes his money drops going forward, but if someone like Reynolds shows promise, we could recoup ourselves potentially a Top 100 pick for him.

39 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Gotta love all the trash people are talking about this trade in the NFL News forum. They sure weren't doing that last year:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=586623

It's painful sometimes leaving our own sub. You either run into insecure Philly fans who don't know how to handle winning or Niner fans telling us Jimmy G is the second coming after 5 games with Shanny but it's too early to tell if Goff will be any good.

19 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

It's painful sometimes leaving our own sub. You either run into insecure Philly fans who don't know how to handle winning or Niner fans telling us Jimmy G is the second coming after 5 games with Shanny but it's too early to tell if Goff will be any good.

The Niners fans on this forum actually seem to be a lot saner about Jimmy G. than fans of other teams.

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Yeah a couple of the more regular posters are for sure. Don't even venture onto reddit.

I'm trying to resist going too hard at one of my college buddies when he goes NINERZHOMERIFFIC... I told him if he gets out of control I'm going to call his land-line at hours that I know his newborn (their 1st kid) is sleeping.

18 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I would imagine we do throw it a bit more, but I wouldnt say it will be a crazy amount more. The 500+ range will be likely for 2018. Id say the biggest drop in targets will be Todd Gurley. He had 64 catches last year, Im not sure he gets even that many targets this season.

• Cooks - 110 tgts
  • Woods - 100 tgts
  • Kupp - 90 tgts
  • Gurley 60 tgts
  • Everette/Higbee - 60 tgts
  • Austin/Reynolds/Cooper - 70 tgts
  • Other - 30 tgts

That feels like the type of spread we could see for 2018. Depending on how much Austin is part of the game plan, that groups number could be lower, But I could see him getting 20 targets out of the backfield alone this year. Also, if the TEs dont produce like they should (as this offense is designed for them) that number could drop off as well and go elsewhere. I would predict Todd getting 30 less targets, but 20 more carries.

As for the future, assuming we sign Cooks long term, and Kupp continues to develop, ths could be Woods last season in LA. Yes his money drops going forward, but if someone like Reynolds shows promise, we could recoup ourselves potentially a Top 100 pick for him.

#TradeGurley

Archived