Who has better leverage to acquire the #2 pick?

Shylo3716

Fight for #2  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who has better leverage to acquire the #2 pick?

New England could trade their entire draft and still not meet the value of #2 per the charts.  Buffalo could meet that value with their picks in the first two rounds alone.  Of course in reality they'd probably have to give up more than that but you get the point.

Plus no sane GM would drop from #2 to #23.

I think trading down to #12 is too far, let alone #23 and #31.  I prefer quality over quantity.  If the Giants really don't like any of the QBs in this draft, I would look at what the Broncos have to offer.  I'd move down to #5 and draft either Barkley or Chubb. 

10 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I think trading down to #12 is too far, let alone #23 and #31.  I prefer quality over quantity.  If the Giants really don't like any of the QBs in this draft, I would look at what the Broncos have to offer.  I'd move down to #5 and draft either Barkley or Chubb. 

Belichick has the ability to finesse and make any package look good for the opposition.

People get carried away with thinking more 1st rounders is always better, most teams trading back from the 2nd pick most likely prefer to stay in the top 5 picks or at least the top 10 picks, where they berlieve all the studs are. They are still looking to get a game changer out of the draft and those types most often come early in the draft. 

Game changers are players around which championship teams are built, so I would say that Buffalo does not have an easy road to the #2 overall pick, even if the Giants actually want to trade it???

Denver might stand the best shot at getting the #2 overall pick, for their 1st, next year's first and a 2nd and 3rd round pick, plus maybe next year's 3rd as well.  Then the Giants not only get to stay in the top 5 picks, they get early picks in rounds 2 and 3, so I would not count them out as serious contenders for that pick if the Giants want to trade it!!!

I'm not convinced there is any package the pats could offer that would be worth it for the giants. That's such a steep drop back and in order to make it work you'd need to include future picks. But is a future first or second from a team you know will finish in the last 4 picks in the round all that valuable?

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

If it's Gronk and two firsts then I think the Pats offer is better than the Bills' two firsts.

The Giants have no use for Gronk. They already have a flex TE in Evan Engram. Yeah Gronk is a stud, but the Giants aren't really going to go oodles for Gronk.

There is no way the Patriots can get to #2 in my opinion. They'd have to give up multiple picks this year and next year and they won't do that IMO.

The Bills are right in the sweet spot for a Giants trade down and have plenty of capital to make it happen. The Bills will be picking #2 overall on draft day.

Archived