Who has better leverage to acquire the #2 pick?

Shylo3716

Fight for #2  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who has better leverage to acquire the #2 pick?

Why anyone would vote NE is beyond me. They've had a formula tried and true that has made them the most successful dynasty ever. Why reach when they don't need too? If anything trade back with the Browns or Jets who you know are going to suck next year and get a top pick that way. Way too much to move up in any current draft. 

2 hours ago, mitch_connor said:

With the aim of drafting which QB?

Darnold or Mayfield.  It would make more sense if Mayfield drops to 4 because the Giants don’t need a corner.  I could see Cleveland going for it.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Buffalo owns 12, 22, 53, 56, 65, and 96 in the first three rounds.  New England has 23, 31, 43, 64, and 95.  This isn't even a discussion.

This is true indeed. The only problem...and its a persistent and consistent one....is that BUF doesnt realize it has the better selections. They think NE does  :)

ive said before what Buffalo needs to do is trade up to #4 right now.  Then on draft day if the qb they covet is sitting at #2 offer the Giants #4, the opportunity to take Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson 2 spots lower, and 1 of their seconds and maybe a sweetener pick.  That to me is the best way to get #2.  

53 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

ive said before what Buffalo needs to do is trade up to #4 right now.  Then on draft day if the qb they covet is sitting at #2 offer the Giants #4, the opportunity to take Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson 2 spots lower, and 1 of their seconds and maybe a sweetener pick.  That to me is the best way to get #2.  

Probably cheaper to move up to 6, and probably more effective for what they want to do.  I don't think New York has any strong desire to move out of the top 6, so they'd need to be blown away to move out of that range.  IF Buffalo can strike a deal with Indianapolis, that makes it more palatable for the Giants to move back.  They're going to have to slightly overpay the Colts to move up, maybe not quite at the level of the Jets did but it's going to cost a bit.

On 4/4/2018 at 3:10 PM, SDotNova said:

Buffalo definitely can put the better offer out there. Especially if the Giants don't want to trade to far back. 

Not a QB in the draft worth all NYG would ask and I don't think Buf wants Barkley, but one never knows.

Archived