New Nas mock

Nastradamus

14 hours ago, scar988 said:

The Falcons went out and got Brandon Fusco to start at RG... So that's not really a need anymore. I'd look towards the DT spot for the first round,

Agree with Scar on this one we restructured Levitre at LG and signed a starting RG in FA to a 3 or 4 year contract.    OG isn't a big need for us anymore but DT is big time as we don't have 1 DT on the entire roster as of right now and that Grady Jarrett.  So we need a legit DT/SDE ,  a starting NT, and a 3rd DT for depth from somewhere.   Also if by some crazy miracle we did go OG at the 1st pick with how much love the Falcons have shown Isaiah Wynn and how talented the kid is their would be almost no doubt he would be the pick there.

On 4/4/2018 at 6:51 AM, Nastradamus said:

1. Cle - Sam Darnold - There's just a gap between him and the next guys, they have to take him here. He'll take Tyrod's job sooner than later
2. NYG - Josh Allen -  Sit him a year behind Eli and hope for the best. I'm not a Eli fan but I think its what they do. 
3. NYJ - Josh Rosen - I think he's built to be able to handle a market like that and they can sit him a year if needed. 
4. Cle(via Hou) - Saquon Barkley - Not much to think about here. 
5. Den - Baker Mayfield - I think they're fans and I think they gotta be thinking QB. Another guy who can sit a year. 
6. Indy - Tremaine Edmunds - Chubb is the obvious pick, but I like the fit and upside of Edmunds myself.
7. TB - Bradley Chubb - No brainer, even with JPP and Curry. 
8. Chi - Quentin Nelson - I think this is all but a lock if he's here. 
9. SF - Minkah Fitzpatrick - He kind of puts the finishing touches on that coverage unit back there.
10. Oak - Roquan Smith - They need his speed, aggression and play making at LB pretty badly.
11. Mia - Mo Hurst - I think the heart condition thing is over and I think this kid is for real. With Suh gone,
they go to the owner's alma mater for the help at DT they desperately now need.
12. Buff - Connor Williams - They miss on the top pocket QBs so they restock the line after trading Glenn.
13. Wash - Denzel Ward - A legit top CB prospect who is gone by 13 in most drafts.
14. GB - Derwin James - Can they pass him here? I can't imagine so
15. Ari - Lamar Jackson - I think if he makes it here, they have to take the swing.
16. Balt - Mike Mcglinchey - The OL needs upgrading. Why not another ND OT? I can't justify any WR here.
17. SD - Vita Vea - Put this guy in the middle of Bosa and Ingram and that's pretty much a top 15 D in itself.
18. Sea - Taven Bryan - The love upside and he's got loads. He can play kind of a Michael Bennett role for them.
19. Dal - Leighton Vander Esch - No passing on any of the top 3 LBs for Dallas IMO. They need his athleticism,
run stuffing and general upside. Lee is old, Hitchens is gone and who knows what Smith will end up as.
20. Det - Daron Payne - I think they really like him for their 2 gap system and like their edges more than
people realize. Has some reasonably strong  Wilfork similarities coming out IMO. 
21. Cin - Will Hernandez - Adding Hernandez and Cordy Glenn in one offseason is a great way to get your OL
back in good shape.
22. Buff - Harold Landry - They could really use a speedy sack artist off the edge.
23. NE - Calvin Ridley - Not my favorite prospect, but I think its fair to say this one lines up pretty nicely.
24. Car - Josh Jackson - Their corners aren't getting the job done and he's an ideal system fit. He'll bring back
what Norman brought to the table.
25. Tenn - Sam Hubbard - They need edge rushers for the future and Hubbard has a little Vrabel in him. 
26. Atl - Frank Ragnow - Interior OL is their big need to me. You're going to need to be strong there to compete
in the NFC this year. He'll fill their guard hole and eventually take over for Mack most likely.
27. N.O. - Harrison Phillips - I really thikn they could use some strength in the middle of that DL
28. PItt - Rashaan Evans - I can't see them passing on him in this scenario. Great fit for them right now.
29. Jax - James Washington - They need more juice on the outside with Robinson gone. Lee and Moncrief won't get it done.
30. Min - Kolton Miller - Upside through the roof, he'll sit a year behind Reiff and Remmers and be worth the investment IMO
31. NE - Dallas Goedert - I think they'll have a lot of fun with him and Gronk, and he's long term Gronk insurance.
32. Phi - Sony Michel - Him and Ajayi would keep that offense balanced going forward pretty well.

Denver DOES NOT need another dead beat QB riding the pine.  With Mayfield's ego, he would go ape  not being  BMOC and may be the second man in two years to cry on the Bronco's sideline.  Much better choices for Denver at 5  like upgrading the raggedy assed OL. 

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:51 AM, scar988 said:

The Falcons went out and got Brandon Fusco to start at RG... So that's not really a need anymore. I'd look towards the DT spot for the first round,

LG, future C. Targetting BJ Hill in 2nd

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:27 AM, INbengalfan said:

If the bengals take an OG, then I would take Wynn over Hernandez simply for the versatility.  Plus I like Wynn as a prospect better anyway.  Other options include Daniels or Ragnow.

Versatility is nice, but Hernandez is simply a much better guard and guard is what they'll ask him to play for the most part. Wynn's run blocking is meh

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:18 PM, honkeytonk said:

Denver DOES NOT need another dead beat QB riding the pine.  With Mayfield's ego, he would go ape  not being  BMOC and may be the second man in two years to cry on the Bronco's sideline.  Much better choices for Denver at 5  like upgrading the raggedy assed OL. 

agree to disagree haha

1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

LG, future C. Targetting BJ Hill in 2nd

Ragnow is still a reach. reaching for a 2nd round talent at a position of non-need or going with another position that might be BPA like TE, WR, EDGE would work out better. Ragnow also wouldn't start over Andy Levitre. So the pick doesn't make sense. Guards are worth first round picks for sure, but Ragnow isn't a good ZBS fit nor is he worth a first round pick nor would a team that doesn't view the need there take him. That's my point. 

I could see someone like Marcus Davenport being the pick in this situation with all the top DTs gone than a guard. Dan Quinn loves pass rushers.

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Ragnow is still a reach. reaching for a 2nd round talent at a position of non-need or going with another position that might be BPA like TE, WR, EDGE would work out better. Ragnow also wouldn't start over Andy Levitre. So the pick doesn't make sense. Guards are worth first round picks for sure, but Ragnow isn't a good ZBS fit nor is he worth a first round pick nor would a team that doesn't view the need there take him. That's my point. 

I could see someone like Marcus Davenport being the pick in this situation with all the top DTs gone than a guard. Dan Quinn loves pass rushers.

Ragnow has the best interior OL tape in this draft besides Nelson. He was just hurt last year. I don't think its seen as long term, so I don't know why you wouldn't draft him appropriately. Throw in his G/C versatility and I think he's closer to a steal than a reach there. I think he's in play as high as Seattle or at least Cincy. 

and lets not forget that Levitre was hot garbage last year. The two G spots were the two weakest positions on Atlanta by a country mile. I understand they lost guys inside on D too, so dont' think I don't see the glaring DT hole, but Ryan and that offense are where their bread is buttered(or the money spent at the least) and you can't let it fall apart on you because of massive weak links. They need to address G,WR and TE in this draft and G as a clear priority. 

Just now, Nastradamus said:

Ragnow has the best interior OL tape in this draft besides Nelson. He was just hurt last year. I don't think its seen as long term, so I don't know why you wouldn't draft him appropriately. Throw in his G/C versatility and I think he's closer to a steal than a reach there. I think he's in play as high as Seattle or at least Cincy. 

I think you're wrong here. I doubt he gets drafted in the first two rounds. And this still ignores that his athleticism doesn't fit with Atlanta's zone scheme. So you're missing the entire point of that as well.

Atlanta has shown literally zero interest in the player. At this point, you have to factor in interest. And Atlanta has basically been ignoring OL since they brought back Garland, brought in Fusco and have basically everyone else from last year under contract. The team doesn't see the need. Maybe you should get the hint.

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I think you're wrong here. I doubt he gets drafted in the first two rounds. And this still ignores that his athleticism doesn't fit with Atlanta's zone scheme. So you're missing the entire point of that as well.

Atlanta has shown literally zero interest in the player. At this point, you have to factor in interest. And Atlanta has basically been ignoring OL since they brought back Garland, brought in Fusco and have basically everyone else from last year under contract. The team doesn't see the need. Maybe you should get the hint.

Show Reply

I do mocks for the sake of displaying team need and player value, in my own opinion. Just to throw that out there. I see Ragnow as a first round talent , guard as a short term need in Atlanta, OL depth as a short term need in Atlanta and C as a long term need. Your disagreement is  noted though

8 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

I do mocks for the sake of displaying team need and player value, in my own opinion. Just to throw that out there. I see Ragnow as a first round talent , guard as a short term need in Atlanta, OL depth as a short term need in Atlanta and C as a long term need. Your disagreement is  noted though

Guard isn't a need in Atlanta though. That's what I'm explaining to you. Center is a long-term need, but they aren't taking a guy in the first round 3 years before Mack is retiring.

Falcons OL depth right now:

LT Jake Matthews/Ty Sambrailo

LG Andy Levitre/Sean Harlow/Jamil Douglas

C Alex Mack/Ben Garland

RG Brandon Fusco/Wes Schweitzer

RT Ryan Schraeder/Austin Pasztor/Daniel Brunskill

They don't have a need for a starter. They like all of their five starters. The primary 5 backups were all on the roster last year including Schweitzer who started. The need that you are perceiving here just doesn't exist. There's no short term need. And they won't worry about center for a year or 2. Once Levitre's contract is up, they may not even draft a guy for that spot and just move Schweitzer there. It's ok for you to be wrong. But it's tough for you to acknowledge it.

4 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Yes, and Levitre sucks as I covered, badly. Maybe the worst player on the team in terms of heavy snappers

But he doesn't suck. And the team doesn't think that he sucks. So they don't see the need there. It's a shame you can't realize that.

Archived