Chris Russell (on Junkies): Snyder "very frustrated with leadership of the org"

Woz

That video is 44 seconds long, but it includes:

• Snyder wanted to keep Cousins and hated bad PR the circus generated
  • If this season goes south, Allen could be moved to "stadium development" group and out of football operations
    • Note that doesn't mean he's out of the organization. Potential Ceratto/Schottenheimer poison whispers?
  • Eric Schaffer may be the in-house replacement.

I caught the tail end of the interview as I was driving in. Schaffer is well-known to be trusted with the contracts stuff, but has grown into the football side such that he's a possible GM candidate elsewhere. Williams ... "is a people person" but the WaPo article describing how Allen generated the Alex Smith deal and made Williams look like a figurehead (which he is) apparently backfired with Snyder (again, more bad PR).

I know not to be too hopeful, that this can end up being Chris Russell "reporting" (not worth the paper it isn't written on (and yes I wrote that correctly)) or that somehow the Redskins will steal defeat from the jaws of victory.

Still ...

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Time to bring this gif back. This is me right now

200w.gif

Don't mean to

giphy.gif

but

"they'll reassign Bruce Allen "into the stadium development department with Eric Schaffer fully taking over."

He won't be leaving ... just shuffled off. That's good, but the fact that he'll still infect the front office ... and Dan will still be listening ...

HelplessQuestionableDodobird-max-1mb.gif

Just now, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Bruce Allen is just an extension of Dan Snyder's incompetence. Doesn't matter who's the face of operations as long as Dan's alive, there will always be another Bruce.

Very possible. However, we know that Moron is in fact a moron. Getting someone different might have other problems, but at least he (or she) won't be a known moron.

Just now, Slateman said:

Now suddenly Dan wanted Kirk long term. But nothing he could do ....

It's amazing, isn't it? The tragedy of being a billionaire NFL owner, whose hands were completely tied by one employee freelancing against your wishes. Heartwrenching story, that is.

Just now, lavar703 said:

None of this makes sense? Bruce is Dans employee. If Bruce is that big of a problem, just fire him. 

See, he can't. He's trapped by his employee. It's the power dynamic: a billionaire owner has no control over an employee he hired for a job. NONE. All he can do is look from afar and hope for the best. You and I have more power than Dan Snyder here.

Archived